Columbus Ohio - Where to Target? T60 school top 25% Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Columbus Ohio - Where to Target? T60 school top 25%

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:43 pm

Just got word we are moving to Columbus, Ohio. I am a 2L at a T60 school Midwestern school (not Ohio) in the T25% of my class. I have a strong public service background, but I am open to anything.

Given my lower ranked school and not-so-stellar grades, where in Columbus should I target my 2L summer applications?

I already spoke with Franklin County Prosecutor's Office, they made it clear that very few of their interns actually get hired on after bar passage due to low availability of positions.

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous User

Re: Columbus Ohio - Where to Target? T60 school top 25%

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:55 pm

Transferred from a law school in columbus (lol figure out which one).

If you want to be a prosecutor try Delaware County as well. Not sure if they hire FT, but it seemed like they did when I was there. Delaware County is EXTREMELY close to Franklin - plus I preferred it tbh if I were living in Columbus long term.

But what do you want to do? Gov? AG's office I think hires entry level in Columbus - nice people there. I know they are still recruiting.

If you want private practice there's some biglaw and biglawish firms too, but their recruitment is pretty much done.

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Re: Columbus Ohio - Where to Target? T60 school top 25%

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:23 pm

of the top of my head biggest companies in Columbus are Cardinal Health, Nationwide Insurance, JPM Chase, Mount Carmel, Honda, Kroger, Limited

not sure if any of them are hiring legal interns for the Columbus area but may be a good idea to start there

firms are probably all done but there are like 12 or so if you NALP mail merge, not an enormous amount of time to just fire off 12 CLs so might as well do that

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”