Accepted too many offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Rlabo

Silver

Re: Accepted too many offers

Postby Rlabo » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:23 pm

Double Trouble wrote:Wow. This thread is Exhibit A for the discrimination that non-T14 students face in the legal world. I work hard and succeed, and therefore I am an "asshole" and a "dumbass."

No, you're not an asshole because you work hard and succeeded. You're an asshole because you accepted two offers and don't see any problem with that. You're an asshole because you have a shitty attitude that you worked hard and are entitled to both offers and damn everyone else who may be affected by your actions. And for those saying who cares about the law firms the answer is no one. What we (I) care about is the law student, your peer, who didn't get the offer because you were holding both.

We all make mistakes and had you come here and said "shit I screwed up I feel bad what do I do?" you would have been rediculed to an extent but people would have moved passed it. But you still seem to think you did nothing wrong here, "I work hard ... therefore I'm an 'asshole'." No. You're an asshole because you're an asshole and the fact that you worked hard has nothing to do with it.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Accepted too many offers

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:54 pm

OP, you know I'm a big fan of your work, and I did enjoy this particular scenario, but I think it's time to draw this particular troll to a close.

Return to “Legal Employment�