Month since callbacks Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Month since callbacks

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:15 pm

What do? Complete silence, no mail. No offers yet.

Yes I'm mass mailing too.

Anonymous User

Re: Month since callbacks

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:24 pm

e-mail recruiting assistant or wahtever recruiting person NALP lists. friend didn't hear back from a firm for a month after CB. e-mailed recruiting and got an e-mail 2 hours later "ding!" sometimes firms just forget to send ding letters/e-mails out for whatever reason.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:12 pm

Wait another week. You could potentially be on a waitlist. If that is the case, and you interviewed around a month ago, then their first round of offers are probably expiring soon. Unless you have a deadline coming up, I would wait.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:13 pm

Wait another week. You could potentially be on a waitlist. If that is the case, and you interviewed around a month ago, then their first round of offers are probably expiring soon. Unless you have a deadline coming up, I would wait.

KunAgnis

Bronze

Post by KunAgnis » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What do? Complete silence, no mail. No offers yet.

Yes I'm mass mailing too.
I think I'll disagree here and say it's a good idea to politely ask for an update. I did so with a firm I hadn't heard from in 3.5 weeks and two days later I got my offer. I think it helps in showing the firm that you're still very much interested.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:27 am

OP, are you looking in Seattle, by any chance? My offers moved slower than molasses in Seattle.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:OP, are you looking in Seattle, by any chance? My offers moved slower than molasses in Seattle.
Not the OP, but I am looking in Seattle. Several callbacks 2-3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since then. When is an appropriate time to panic?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:24 am

Fenwick/Wilson: Maybe a week? Two? My offers came after a few days, IIRC.
Perkins: Like, October. My records show me that they didn't get back to me within 20 days of my callback, despite knowing that I had an expiring offer at the verrrry end of September. I called at 7 days before expiration and the day before. It was really frustrating, and I took the other offer. This was a couple years ago, but I'm still annoyed by it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”