Tough situation

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Tough situation

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:28 pm

I've been working at small firm (10 attorneys) on the east coast doing trusts and estates work for two years. I want to transfer to a medium sized firm (40+ attorneys) doing different work, preferably corporate. A big firm would be nice, but I'm pretty sure that's an option. Nothing really special about my background. Second tier law school, okay grades and secondary journal. I really don't want to be pigeon-holed in my specific area of law and I'm open to transferring to areas of law other than corporate. Any advice is welcome.

Anonymous User

Re: Tough situation

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've been working at small firm (10 attorneys) on the east coast doing trusts and estates work for two years. I want to transfer to a medium sized firm (40+ attorneys) doing different work, preferably corporate. A big firm would be nice, but I'm pretty sure that's an option. Nothing really special about my background. Second tier law school, okay grades and secondary journal. I really don't want to be pigeon-holed in my specific area of law and I'm open to transferring to areas of law other than corporate. Any advice is welcome.

What market? Where was the second tier? You may be able to get into a larger firm doing estate work or you may be able to go to a midsize and want to change practice areas.

Anonymous User

Re: Tough situation

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:58 pm

Connecticut, UConn Law. Ideally I'd be able to switch to another area of law in a midsize firm and eventually make my way to a larger firm. After searching around I wasn't able to pull up much in the way of solid advice for my particular situation.

Return to “Legal Employment�