quinn nyc

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

quinn nyc

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:23 pm

whats good here in terms of their case portfolio/how does it differ from other NYC lit groups? as good reputation in new york as on the west coast? AUSA exit ops? what firms would you characterize as peer firms?

Anonymous User

Re: quinn nyc

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:whats good here in terms of their case portfolio/how does it differ from other NYC lit groups? as good reputation in new york as on the west coast? AUSA exit ops? what firms would you characterize as peer firms?

sup, I work at a non-NYC QE office. I imagine the thing that differentiates our case portfolio is more plaintiff-side work in the big cases than other big law litigation groups. no idea about reputation in NYC. for AUSA, probably less than a place that focuses really heavily on white-collar. I think our DC office meets that bill, but I'm not sure that our NYC one does. peer firms? I don't know, other big litigation shops, I guess. GL.

Anonymous User

Re: quinn nyc

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:40 am

I work at a NYC biglaw firm. Quinn has a rep as hard-charging. Associates seem to be working pretty demanding hours there even by NYC biglaw standards. They do a lot of general commercial work but they are also one of the few biglaw firms that do what I call "institutional plaintiff's" work - representing big investment firms or pension funds in massive securities litigations where they'll be opposite a S+C/DPW/Skadden type firm. I know they had quite a practice representing RMBS trustees or insurers in litigations against the big banks related to the financial crisis, for example.

The other large aspect of NYC litigation practice at the biglaw level is investigations work, but I do not know if Quinn does a lot of that. You should find out, as the experience of being a generalist lit associate is very different if you are at a firm that does mostly litigation as opposed to a mix of litigation/investigations.

Return to “Legal Employment�