Which firms have the nicest offices? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Which firms have the nicest offices?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:38 pm

TFALAWL wrote:I would say:

1. Jones Day, Paris
2. Latham, Paris
3. Jones Day, D.C.
4. Latham, NY
5. Greenberg Gross, LA
Latham, NY? Maybe just on the outside..

tfer2222

Bronze

Post by tfer2222 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:
TFALAWL wrote:I would say:

1. Jones Day, Paris
2. Latham, Paris
3. Jones Day, D.C.
4. Latham, NY
5. Greenberg Gross, LA
Latham, NY? Maybe just on the outside..
Yeah Latham NY is nothing special.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:11 am

Baker & McKenzie DC (same White House location as Skadden, but on the west side/press side) and Baker & McKenzie Chicago (they filmed Transformers in their lobby, amazing views).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:43 am

Boies Schiller NY has a terrible office. Shabby and no view.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Boies Schiller NY has a terrible office. Shabby and no view.
they are moving to hudson yards though, along with skadden and milbank. thats gonna be an awesome office.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Baker & McKenzie DC (same White House location as Skadden, but on the west side/press side) and Baker & McKenzie Chicago (they filmed Transformers in their lobby, amazing views).
The Chicago office is pretty stunning. I also think they may have filmed scenes for The Judge, there, too.

Joscellin

Gold

Post by Joscellin » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
akin nyc has a nice office as does GDC.
The art game at GDC is also top notch. Apparently they have some eccentric retired partner that curates the art at all their offices.

nealric

Post by nealric » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:40 pm

The real answer is successful small firms in smaller cities. I interviewed at an 8 attorney firm in a secondary market. They had the penthouse suite of a 15 story building.

The main entry area was full of mahogany bookshelves right out of a Hollywood set. The named partners had offices at least double the size of any I've seen in NYC plus private balconies of almost equal size, complete with chase lounges and landscaping. Even the associates had balconies and offices appropriate for a biglaw partner.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:51 pm

WilmerHale's new Denver office is pretty amazing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:59 pm

This thread bums me out because the only "views" in Silicon Valley are of the parking lot, or the courtyard if you're lucky!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:12 pm

In the Pacific Northwest I really liked Miller Nash Graham and Dunn in Seattle. Those views from right on the water are amazing, and the interior definitely doesn't feel like a typical corporate office.

The new Stoel Rives office in Portland is pretty nice too. Lots of wood and probably the best view in the city.

leslieknope

Silver

Post by leslieknope » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:42 pm

GDC LA and MoFo LA both had gorgeous offices. Keker in SF has no view but is really pretty designwise. Covington SF also has a killer view of the Bay Bridge.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:55 pm

This thread could be way better with pictures.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:This thread bums me out because the only "views" in Silicon Valley are of the parking lot, or the courtyard if you're lucky!
Skadden SV was ok. Associates have tiny closets for offices though.

dwyf

Bronze

Post by dwyf » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:25 am

Loved Wilmer NY when I went for something - insane harbor views in new construction downtown (WTC7). Might have gone there just for the views (...if they gave me a callback, let alone an offer).

jawsjawsjaws

Bronze

Post by jawsjawsjaws » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:why is no one talking about Chi offices? K&E, Sidley, Jenner, Latham? All pretty beautiful, airy, modern offices with awesome views. Winston is ugly but the views are nice too.
Can't beat Baker & Mckenzie Chicago though. Closest to the lake I think?

lawlorbust

Bronze

Post by lawlorbust » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Boies Schiller NY has a terrible office. Shabby and no view.
they are moving to hudson yards though, along with skadden and milbank. thats gonna be an awesome office.
maybe, but in the worst part of the city.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SLS_AMG

Bronze

Post by SLS_AMG » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:28 am

leslieknope wrote:GDC LA and MoFo LA both had gorgeous offices. Keker in SF has no view but is really pretty designwise. Covington SF also has a killer view of the Bay Bridge.
This thread has essentially become one big humble brag about which callbacks people have been on.

mickey_mouse

Bronze

Post by mickey_mouse » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:06 am

jawsjawsjaws wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:why is no one talking about Chi offices? K&E, Sidley, Jenner, Latham? All pretty beautiful, airy, modern offices with awesome views. Winston is ugly but the views are nice too.
Pretty sure it's Baker McKenzie > everyone else in Chicago. Latham, KE, Winston, JD all have views looking down the river towards the lake (depending where you are on the floor). Sidley, Mayer, Jenner all have great lake views, for half the building at least. (Jenner might have the nicest office of this bunch, beautiful marble everywhere).

Baker McKenzie: http://gpchicago.com/media/images/12060 ... 0x1200.jpg

Jenner: http://www.chicagolawyermagazine.com/Ar ... height=200

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:25 am

nealric wrote:The real answer is successful small firms in smaller cities. I interviewed at an 8 attorney firm in a secondary market. They had the penthouse suite of a 15 story building.

The main entry area was full of mahogany bookshelves right out of a Hollywood set. The named partners had offices at least double the size of any I've seen in NYC plus private balconies of almost equal size, complete with chase lounges and landscaping. Even the associates had balconies and offices appropriate for a biglaw partner.
+1

I interviewed at a bankruptcy boutique in LA that had only 20 attorneys, but occupied the 39th floor penthouse of a tower in Century City. You could see the ocean, the Fox studio lot, and the Hollywood sign. The interiors were also incredibly nice.

Abbie Doobie

Silver

Post by Abbie Doobie » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:53 am

mickey_mouse wrote:
jawsjawsjaws wrote:
Pretty sure it's Baker McKenzie > everyone else in Chicago. Latham, KE, Winston, JD all have views looking down the river towards the lake (depending where you are on the floor). Sidley, Mayer, Jenner all have great lake views, for half the building at least. (Jenner might have the nicest office of this bunch, beautiful marble everywhere).

Baker McKenzie: http://gpchicago.com/media/images/12060 ... 0x1200.jpg

Jenner: http://www.chicagolawyermagazine.com/Ar ... height=200
bcbs tower is nice

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:33 pm

Not sure if they have been mentioned yet, but I was unimpressed with Shearman.

misterjames

Bronze

Post by misterjames » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
damn is everyone moving over there? the offices will be amazing but access to that area is pretty limited, it's basically just the 7 train.

1styearlateral

Silver

Post by 1styearlateral » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:12 pm

misterjames wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
damn is everyone moving over there? the offices will be amazing but access to that area is pretty limited, it's basically just the 7 train.
Yeah it's pretty isolated. But there's a reason why they're calling it a city within a city. I suspect that in time there will be better access. If you live in LIC you're pretty much golden though.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
nealric wrote:The real answer is successful small firms in smaller cities. I interviewed at an 8 attorney firm in a secondary market. They had the penthouse suite of a 15 story building.

+1

I interviewed at a bankruptcy boutique in LA that had only 20 attorneys, but occupied the 39th floor penthouse of a tower in Century City. You could see the ocean, the Fox studio lot, and the Hollywood sign. The interiors were also incredibly nice.

Yep, Klee Tuchin. Interior is just okay but the views can't be beat.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”