Which firms have the nicest offices?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Which firms have the nicest offices?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:53 am

Now that interviewing is well underway, I thought this could be fun. I only interviewed in NY, really liked Kirkland's offices, maybe that was partly due to the location. Also loved the offices at MoFo, but did not like the firm.

Anonymous User

Re: Which firms have the nicest offices?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:00 pm

In NY I liked Wilmer Hale and Willkie Farr. I thought Cahill's offices were pretty awful

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:20 pm

Also loved Willkie, Schulte is doing some mass renovations so their offices should be pretty sweet when finished.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Postby jbagelboy » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:32 pm

Gibson Dunn Los Angeles office is breathtaking.

Davis Polk and Cleary both have beautiful Manhattan offices.

Orrick's SF headquarters is pretty cool.

ph14

Gold

Postby ph14 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:34 pm

Sullivan & Cromwell has pretty swanky offices.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:34 pm

Weil has a stunning view of Central Park. Offices are first class. K&S NYC has first rate digs ; their Atlanta offices are especially impressive.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Postby jbagelboy » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:35 pm

ph14 wrote:Sullivan & Cromwell has pretty swanky offices.

Disagree -- if we're talking about NY.

sweets91

Silver

Postby sweets91 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:45 pm

fried frank NY has great views

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Weil has a stunning view of Central Park. Offices are first class. K&S NYC has first rate digs ; their Atlanta offices are especially impressive.

Weil yes except they're sticking a lot of people into internal offices lately which sucks.

GDC NYC renovated 5-6 years ago - beautiful glass/marble/metlife building/perfect views of uptown and downtown from nearly every floor/office, wraparound outdoor two-story terrace on 46th floor and sick conference room views on 55 (north and south views, but its southern views of all of downtown win)

MoFo NYC is pretty cool/different.

I personally think Proskauer NYC is a stunner - in times square unfortunately, but beautiful decor in main reception.

Cleary/K&E NYC = stuck in the 90's.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:54 pm

Cleary NYC was stunning (much nicer than their DC office).

jbagelboy

Diamond

Postby jbagelboy » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:56 pm

Gibson kills it in office space.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:05 pm

Also thought Proskauer had amazing offices, but being in Times Square ruins it. Same w/ Akin Gump, great office but way too close to times square/full of tourists.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:10 pm

Jones Day NYC. So beautiful.

1styearlateral

Silver

Postby 1styearlateral » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:12 pm

As already said, Proskauer. Milbank's offices blow but they're moving to Hudson Yards so they're gonna do a complete 180. Greenberg's Miami office looks sweet af.

Isn't there an ATL article on this?

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Postby PeanutsNJam » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:13 pm

Offices where you have no windows for the first few (and probably only years) of your time at the firm hardly constitute "best office." The best ones are in secondary markets with lower real estate costs. Like, in SD, Latham has their own building in the suburbs.

A satellite office in a lower CoL area will almost certainly be superior to a NYC office because cost and space. Also unobstructed view.

tfer2222

Bronze

Postby tfer2222 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:19 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Offices where you have no windows for the first few (and probably only years) of your time at the firm hardly constitute "best office." The best ones are in secondary markets with lower real estate costs. Like, in SD, Latham has their own building in the suburbs.

A satellite office in a lower CoL area will almost certainly be superior to a NYC office because cost and space. Also unobstructed view.

Agree to a certain extent. In NYC most first/second years share a window office (mine had a pretty sick downtown view from 50th floor). Sharing an office can suck because of talking over each other/conference call issues/your office mate could suck/stress you out more. But if you get a good office mate its actually a lot of fun and I miss it over having my own office now.

and IMO, NYC/SF views >>>>> any views some satellite office could provide (whats there to look at?).

sublime

Diamond

Postby sublime » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:21 pm

tfer2222 wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:Offices where you have no windows for the first few (and probably only years) of your time at the firm hardly constitute "best office." The best ones are in secondary markets with lower real estate costs. Like, in SD, Latham has their own building in the suburbs.

Agree to a certain extent. In NYC most first/second years share a window office (mine had a pretty sick downtown view from 50th floor). Sharing an office can suck because of talking over each other/conference call issues/your office mate could suck/stress you out more. But if you get a good office mate its actually a lot of fun and I miss it over having my own office now.

and IMO, NYC/SF views >>>>> any views some satellite office could provide (whats there to look at?).

Although I generally agree, I know somebody in StL that has/had a perfect view overlooking Busch Stadium, and that seemed pretty sweet, despite being in StL.

LaLiLuLeLo

Silver

Postby LaLiLuLeLo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:22 pm

Pretty sure more firms than just Milbank are moving to Hudson Yards. 2018 IIRC. So a lot will change.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:29 pm

This. My friend is now engaged to her first year office mate. Of course, that's really hit or miss. Schulte will be beautiful when they finish their renovation. Milbank's offices were pretty awful but I imagine they're going to be great once they move.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:34 pm

Willkie has a nice view but the offices themselves look pretty dingy. Dirty carpet, cramped halls, and associates are sharing closet-offices.

1styearlateral

Silver

Postby 1styearlateral » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:35 pm

LaLiLuLeLo wrote:Pretty sure more firms than just Milbank are moving to Hudson Yards. 2018 IIRC. So a lot will change.

I'm sure I just don't know any of them on the top of my head, and Milbank's offices particularly stick out to me since they were so bland.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Postby PeanutsNJam » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:39 pm

Also offices where you have to switch elevator banks are TTT. I wouldn't be surprised if like Cadwalader NC (never been there) >>> all NYC offices. Sure, Weil overlooks Central Park, but you can only see Central Park from a few of the partner's office. The associate offices with windows are these tiny rectangles that you can barely look out of.

Wouldn't be surprised if Greenberg Miami blew every other firm out of the water. Look at their fucking cafeteria. http://blog.grossmanphoto.com/tag/greenberg-traurig/

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:43 pm

Brown Rudnick's offices and views from the top of times square tower are pretty dope

Auxilio

Silver

Postby Auxilio » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:47 pm

I wouldn't ignore the options for Seattle offices that overlook the sound.

SLS_AMG

Bronze

Postby SLS_AMG » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:52 pm

I'm more interested in which NYC firms have the worst offices.

Return to “Legal Employment�