NALP firms not responding to reimbursement

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NALP firms not responding to reimbursement

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:52 pm

What should I do about firms not responding to reimbursement emails? Every time I mention reimbursement I get ignored. Is there recourse for this or anything I can do as a student if I don't hear back? I don't just wanna be out the money I spent on CBs I did with them saying I'd be reimbursed.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EncyclopediaOrange

Bronze

Re: NALP firms not responding to reimbursement

Postby EncyclopediaOrange » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:57 pm

Give it time. Recruiting doesn't handle money. They probably forwarded your email to some accounting manager, who forwarded to an accounts payable clerk, who can't remember if the summer part-timer went back to school yet, so they forwarded it to them anyway. They're also paying real vendors. Your NALP form is somewhere in the pile. This will take weeks, not days.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 pm

Same boat. I've only had one firm send me a check. I followed up with another firm and no response. I figured I'd give it until the end of this month or so to wait for checks to come in since recruiting is pretty busy trying to fill their summer class sizes and reimbursements probably aren't high on their priority list. I don't think it's a matter of avoiding covering the reimbursement costs---firms have the money.

Mullens

Silver

Postby Mullens » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:28 pm

They'll pay you back, it just takes forever. I had some firms not pay me back until mid-October.

Clearly

Gold

Postby Clearly » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:52 pm

Hahaha better to forget about it and be surprised when your check comes. These things aren't quick.

KMart

Gold

Postby KMart » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:56 pm

Clearly wrote:Hahaha better to forget about it and be surprised when your check comes. These things aren't quick.

This is pretty much how I've approached the process.

Return to “Legal Employment�