Skadden vs. Winston for lit (CHI)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Skadden vs. Winston for lit (CHI)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:46 pm

so Winston is supposedly a lit powerhouse in Chicago, but I really enjoyed the Skadden CHI office. any inside info on whether Skadden's lit practice can compare, i.e., quality of work/clients, exit options, etc.?

daedalus2309

Bronze

Re: Skadden vs. Winston for lit (CHI)

Postby daedalus2309 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:00 pm

Skadden. Search "Fuck Winston" on this board.

Especially since it sounds like you like Skadden. Great attorneys there, small size, seems like the work you get there is the same as the work you get anywhere. You won't make partner but I think that's the only downside.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:27 pm

daedalus2309 wrote:Skadden. Search "Fuck Winston" on this board.

Especially since it sounds like you like Skadden. Great attorneys there, small size, seems like the work you get there is the same as the work you get anywhere. You won't make partner but I think that's the only downside.

OP here. thanks for the tip, did some reading. Looks like they no-offered a bunch of their SA class in 2012. Point taken, but i'm not sure how this should play into my decisionmaking process. Firm maybe still in trouble? Or just a general trustworthiness thing?

RaceJudicata

Gold

Postby RaceJudicata » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
daedalus2309 wrote:Skadden. Search "Fuck Winston" on this board.

OP here. thanks for the tip, did some reading. Looks like they no-offered a bunch of their SA class in 2012. Point taken, but i'm not sure how this should play into my decisionmaking process. Firm maybe still in trouble? Or just a general trustworthiness thing?

You are wise. It shouldn't play into your current decision making whatsoever. Plenty of reasons to pick either firm, but the Winston no-offers are not one of them.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:21 am

Anyone have any thoughts on these firms as compared to Jenner. Undecided between transactional and lit.

Return to “Legal Employment�