Pittsburgh Legal Market

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Pittsburgh Legal Market

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:Bumping this thread to try and figure out the Reed Smith mystery. Posters early in the thread said it was terrible, while others chimed in and seemed to make it sound pretty tolerable. Which is it? Has anybody worked there?

I work there. I like it. Just depends. I actually work as much as my friends in NYC firms although they aren't huge strivers. They bill less than 2k, which everyone seems to think isn't possible.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bumping this thread to try and figure out the Reed Smith mystery. Posters early in the thread said it was terrible, while others chimed in and seemed to make it sound pretty tolerable. Which is it? Has anybody worked there?

I work there. I like it. Just depends. I actually work as much as my friends in NYC firms although they aren't huge strivers. They bill less than 2k, which everyone seems to think isn't possible.

Are you in litigation or transactional? What's your typical day? Weekends?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Are you in litigation or transactional? What's your typical day? Weekends?

Lit. Usually 8 to 6. Maybe an hour or two from home depending on how busy I am. Usually work 4 to 6 hours on the weekend. My schedule really fluctuates though.

PIT3027

New

Postby PIT3027 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:Lit. Usually 8 to 6. Maybe an hour or two from home depending on how busy I am. Usually work 4 to 6 hours on the weekend. My schedule really fluctuates though.

Thanks for the reply. Please shoot me a private message if you get a chance.

HillandHollow

New

Postby HillandHollow » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:47 am

Any insight on the best civil rights litigation firms/practitioners? I'm working in the general region now, but I really love Pittsburgh, and am interested in getting in there. Not sure how to find who is legit/respected (a lot of shady personal injury practitioners like to call themselves "civil rights" attorneys because they sued a police officer once).

Return to “Legal Employment�