How Soon To Notify Recruiting of Offer Deadline?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How Soon To Notify Recruiting of Offer Deadline?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:31 pm

I had a few callbacks right after OCI that I still haven't heard from (been 3 weeks for one and 4 weeks for another). One of them is my top choice. I got an offer from a different firm last week, so the offer doesn't expire until the end of September. I feel like it's too soon to notify recruiting from my top choice firm of my offer now because if they ask when my deadline is I will have to tell them at the end of September, which seems silly. Do i just sit tight and wait another week or so before notifying them of my deadline? My only worry is that I might get lost in the pile of applications and I want to be sure that they know I'm still really interested. Thoughts?

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Re: How Soon To Notify Recruiting of Offer Deadline?

Postby Dr. Nefario » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:35 pm

There's been several threads like this the last few weeks. Just click next page and find one.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Dr. Nefario wrote:There's been several threads like this the last few weeks. Just click next page and find one.

Not OP, but interested in this question as well. There have been other threads like this, but nothing specifically on timing of when these emails should be sent. Is it a week out from your deadline? Two weeks?

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Postby Dr. Nefario » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:There's been several threads like this the last few weeks. Just click next page and find one.

Not OP, but interested in this question as well. There have been other threads like this, but nothing specifically on timing of when these emails should be sent. Is it a week out from your deadline? Two weeks?

I'd say 10ish days. A week may be too short. And if it's been several weeks since your CB just go ahead and do it at the two week mark. Just my opinion. No claim to special knowledge

Return to “Legal Employment�