Told at end of CB I would receive an offer, its been a while, how long does the process usually take?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Told at end of CB I would receive an offer, its been a while, how long does the process usually take?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:21 am

Recent CB at a V60 (satellite office, northwest market), at the end of the day I was told enthusiastically by hiring partner I would be receiving an offer. Its been a week and a half, so I'm starting to wonder how long the process usually takes. It's my one and only offer :roll: so no worries about other deadlines. Would appreciate any insight! Thank you

Anonymous User

Re: Told at end of CB I would receive an offer, its been a while, how long does the process usually take?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:34 am

Guessing seattle KL Gates or Perkins. I'm jealous of you; wanted nothing more than either of those in my home market. Dinged by both. Can you tell me your stats? tier school / rank?

PB&J.D.

Bronze

Re: Told at end of CB I would receive an offer, its been a while, how long does the process usually take?

Postby PB&J.D. » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:02 am

The PNW is a very slow moving market. You'll see that if you check out the "Let's Talk Seattle" thread discussions from previous years. I'd expect to hear back in the next two weeks; they didn't forget about you.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:Guessing seattle KL Gates or Perkins. I'm jealous of you; wanted nothing more than either of those in my home market. Dinged by both. Can you tell me your stats? tier school / rank?

I'm still completely shocked that this is even happening, spent a year mass mailing/applying and didn't get a single interview ANYWHERE. Keep working at it and it can happen down the road.

Went to a T30 in the Northeast, graduated top third, (shitty) secondary journal and trial ad, lots of work experience during school. Do NOT have strong ties to the region, but I spent 14 months after law school with a federal agency (because I couldn't get a job in private practice) and I'm 99% sure that experience is what got me the offer because the firm is expecting a lot of work in that area.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:31 am

PB&J.D. wrote:The PNW is a very slow moving market. You'll see that if you check out the "Let's Talk Seattle" thread discussions from previous years. I'd expect to hear back in the next two weeks; they didn't forget about you.

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:19 pm

PB&J.D. wrote:The PNW is a very slow moving market. You'll see that if you check out the "Let's Talk Seattle" thread discussions from previous years. I'd expect to hear back in the next two weeks; they didn't forget about you.

I have a similar situation, except its been 3 weeks and I'm in Texas. Any thoughts?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:04 pm

OP, if it's Perkins, they will get back to you when they are good and ready. The firm is great; their recruiting department is absolutely terrible. By far the worst experience I had. Expect them to expect you to ask other offers for extensions, to ignore your emails or calls, and to beat around the bush about a number of logistics. To be fair, you should have had that experience when trying to schedule your callback, too.

To be clear: great firm; really nice people; bad systems.

PB&J.D.

Bronze

Postby PB&J.D. » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I have a similar situation, except its been 3 weeks and I'm in Texas. Any thoughts?

Sorry--I don't know anything about the TX market. 3 weeks is a long time (especially if this is a 2L/OCI-track interview), but keep sending applications if you haven't secured something else.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:42 am

hmm im in the same boat. Everyone was jolly at the end of my cb day and said they'd start working on my offer. Biglaw in Atlanta. Its been 2 weeks. How long do these things usually take? are they doing background checks? none of my references have told me they were called

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:02 pm

interviewed with a v100 in virginia market and have same situation, its been 10 days, is it ok to reach out to them and ask for a timeline?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:56 pm

Out of curiosity, anyone know what the longest someone's had to wait to hear back from PC? from interview to CB email and from CB to offer/ding?

Anonymous User wrote:OP, if it's Perkins, they will get back to you when they are good and ready. The firm is great; their recruiting department is absolutely terrible. By far the worst experience I had. Expect them to expect you to ask other offers for extensions, to ignore your emails or calls, and to beat around the bush about a number of logistics. To be fair, you should have had that experience when trying to schedule your callback, too.

To be clear: great firm; really nice people; bad systems.

Return to “Legal Employment�