Does Shearman cold offer?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Does Shearman cold offer?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Deciding between firms and am leaning towards Shearman. They seem to have a 100% offer rate, but what about cold-offers? Are there firms that have a reputation for cold offering?

Sorry, I only just learned about this practice and am a bit freaked out by it.

Anonymous User

Re: Does Shearman cold offer?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:27 pm

If not all, the vast vast majority of firms are willing to cold offer if they need to.

I wouldn't be concerned about it even if you hear that the firm has made cold offers in the past.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:06 pm

Was a SA there this past summer. Current associates said they never heard of it happening and I didn't hear of anyone not getting a full blown offer this summer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Deciding between firms and am leaning towards Shearman. They seem to have a 100% offer rate, but what about cold-offers? Are there firms that have a reputation for cold offering?

Sorry, I only just learned about this practice and am a bit freaked out by it.

S&S SA here, didn't hear of anyone getting cold offered this summer and the associates claimed cold offers have happened in the past but didn't personally know of any. Most firms do cold offer people, but it seem to be rare.

Return to “Legal Employment�