Fried Frank vs. Weil

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Where?

Weil
77%
FF
23%

Total votes: 30

Anonymous User

Fried Frank vs. Weil

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:17 pm

Please do not quote.

For lit. where would you chose?

Would it be worth switching firms to go from FF to Weil?

dunharrow

Silver

Re: Fried Frank vs. Weil

Postby dunharrow » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:29 pm

What sort of litigating do you want to do?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:10 pm

dunharrow wrote:What sort of litigating do you want to do?

General commercial litigation. For the people who voted and said they would switch, why?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:46 pm

I don't know FF comm lit. I knew people in Weil comm lit in NY - they were, to a man and woman, miserable and all have since left (we're talking somewhere around 8-10 people at various ranks of associate). But their jobs seemed pretty secure and the work wasn't going away, so if you can deal with whatever is going on culturally there it's probably a safer bet than FF

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:00 pm

If you're coming in as a 3L hire then just know that at Weil you will very likely be put in securities litigation. After the summer Weil already gave offers to their summer associates for specific practice groups. My experience with Weil's complex commercial lit group in NY was limited but I enjoyed working with the person. The people that I meet seemed to enjoy their job and I liked them. I didn't get a strong impression from them though because I didn't get to work with CCL much.

Return to “Legal Employment�