Second looks Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Second looks

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:41 pm

What's the conventional wisdom on logistics for second looks? Do you ask to meet with particular types of people or just say you'd like to come back and chat with more attorneys and see what they give you? Also, will firms cover travel like they did for CBs?

Any general tips/things to look out for or ask would certainly be appreciated as well

Anonymous User

Re: Second looks

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:53 pm

Whatever you want. Do you wanna meet specific people? Do you wanna meet each person for a certain amount of time? If so, say so.
For example, for people, it could be practice group, position (partner/counsel/Sr/Jr Associate, etc), career track, school, or whatever other distinction you come up with.

As far as costs, that may be firm dependant, but all of mine either offered or agreed to pay for costs similar to CB.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:Whatever you want. Do you wanna meet specific people? Do you wanna meet each person for a certain amount of time? If so, say so.
For example, for people, it could be practice group, position (partner/counsel/Sr/Jr Associate, etc), career track, school, or whatever other distinction you come up with.

As far as costs, that may be firm dependant, but all of mine either offered or agreed to pay for costs similar to CB.
Same experience as above but I'll add a caveat for the cost-sharing: out of town firms agreed to fly me out/pay for a hotel but firms within the city didn't reimburse me for an Uber or anything (why would they).

markham1321

New

Post by markham1321 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:18 pm

Attire? Do you wear a dark suit again (more specific to ladies) or can it be dress/jacket or something like that

Traynor Brah

Silver

Post by Traynor Brah » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:27 pm

markham1321 wrote:Attire? Do you wear a dark suit again (more specific to ladies) or can it be dress/jacket or something like that
I think as long as you look professional you're fine. Don't need to be as "formal"/conservative as for a CB

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”