How to follow up with screener

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How to follow up with screener

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:17 pm

Should I email recruiting or the OCI screener. Word is the recruiting but anyone card to elaborate?

Anonymous User

Re: How to follow up with screener

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Should I email recruiting or the OCI screener. Word is the recruiting but anyone card to elaborate?

The screener. You want to reiterate your interest in the firm and how you enjoyed talking with he/she about the firm. This is where you refer to your conversation - the idea is that hopefully your email may help the screener remember you. Of course the prevailing thought is that they make decisions usually before the thank you emails are sent out, but I don't think a good email would ever hurt. Keep it short, I would try at most one 5 - 6 sentence paragraph. I know friends who had templates for thank you emails but I don't think that's necessary.

Return to “Legal Employment�