Beginning to lose hope... Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
EncyclopediaOrange

Bronze

Re: Beginning to lose hope...

Post by EncyclopediaOrange » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:14 am

cjw564 wrote: Second this approach. I know someone at ccn and another person at HLS who got a leave of absence by bribing their doctor for some psych diagnosis so they can redo 2L and most importantly, 2L OCI. Both got V50 firms that way.
Well, that's pretty messed up.

E: Expletive

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:28 am

EncyclopediaOrange wrote:
cjw564 wrote: Second this approach. I know someone at ccn and another person at HLS who got a leave of absence by bribing their doctor for some psych diagnosis so they can redo 2L and most importantly, 2L OCI. Both got V50 firms that way.
Well, that's pretty messed up.

E: Expletive
That approach would be too expensive for most, no? Even if you get tuition fully refunded, don't you have to shell out another year's worth of living expenses for uncertain results?

ArtistOfManliness

Silver

Post by ArtistOfManliness » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:10 am

It can't be that hard to fake one of the mental health diagnoses out of the DSM, right? No bribing necessary!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:17 am

Most may not be able to follow me but I started second degree program during the year following OCI. So that spread law school over 4 years and then I had 3 summers or two shots at 2L OCI because of my anticipated graduation date.

I don't know about straight burning a year and don't recommend it. However, if there is a way to slow down the law curriculum to get another summer in before graduating while learning, building a skillset and in my case graduating with two degrees, it helps provide a second shot at the equivalent of 2L OCI.

In the end, I lucked out and everything worked for me.

For now continue MM and don't give up.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:23 pm

Don't give up, just keep plugging away and perhaps try to relax more at screeners. I was 0 for 15 or so with screeners (never got a single callback), then all of a sudden, my last screener went really well, got a callback a few weeks later, and I successfully converted that callback into an offer within 24 hours of the callback.

I had pretty much resigned myself to not getting my hopes up anymore at screeners and quite frankly, I think that helped me relax to where I was more of myself in the interview, or perhaps it was just the law of averages finally kicking in, who knows, but I do attribute the last screener success to being more relaxed and "normal"

Good luck to you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:31 pm

Same experience as the above poster wrt CB/screeners. just that I wasn't able to convert that only CB into offer, and no other screeners lined up, hix

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”