Weil Gotshal v. Ropes & Gray v. Milbank (All NYC) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which law firm? (corporate, nyc, international student)

Weil Gotshal
56%
Ropes & Gray
28%
Milbank
17%

Total votes: 54

Anonymous User

Weil Gotshal v. Ropes & Gray v. Milbank (All NYC)

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:50 pm

Hey guys, I was considering these offers (for 2L summer) and am still in the process of deciding where to go.
They're all located in NYC, and I plan on practicing in corporate.
Some factors that are of some importance to me are

As for my CB experience,
Weil: was surprisingly nice, my interviewers were all courteous and the 1st year attorneys I had lunch with were very enthusiastic
Ropes: Associates were nice, one partner was a little bit too blunt, but okay CB.
MIlbank: very, very nice people. Partners actually looked at my resume prior to the interview (weil did not), and are constantly reaching out to me after the offer.

1. Prestige
1. Work environment
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Weil Gotshal v. Ropes & Gray v. Milbank (All NYC)

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:13 pm

I think all 3 will provide the visa sponsorship, so this should not be a factor.

Since Ropes & Gray is a Boston firm, I think Weil should be the easy choice if you want prestige.

But Weil is also more of a churn and burn place. So if you want longevity, maybe Milbank.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:I think all 3 will provide the visa sponsorship, so this should not be a factor.

Since Ropes & Gray is a Boston firm, I think Weil should be the easy choice if you want prestige.

But Weil is also more of a churn and burn place. So if you want longevity, maybe Milbank.
Not OP but looking at Weil and Milbank. Definitely get the sense that Milbank has a better firm culture. But I still felt good about Weil and I hear good things about the firm. My impression has been more churn and burn than Milbank, but in the grand scheme of things not terrible.

Personally, I lean towards Weil because they have a much broader platform than Milbank.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:19 pm

Must go to Ropes!!! Such a great New York office. Plus the people going are A+. Jk do what you want congrats on all these offers. You killed it. But not jk that I want you to go to ropes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”