More Neurotic Speculation Re: Callback Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

More Neurotic Speculation Re: Callback

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:59 am

Per the title, I have two questions:

1.) When, for example, you interview w/ 5 attorneys, do all 5 need to say ''yes'' to your employment? Or can you still get an offer for an SA with 4? Only person who could answer this is probably going to be someone at a firm who knows hiring process. I ask b/c I had a CB and I thought I did really well, except one attorney (I was 10 minutes late to their office because the other attorney kept talking and talking!) seemed not so receptive to me.

2.) When you felt like you had a good CB, did that usually result in an offer? Or was it more random, like you thought it was great, then dinged, then a different CB went mediocre, and you got an offer? I ask because one of my CB firms offers around 50% to the people they do CBs with.

Hutz_and_Goodman

Gold

Re: More Neurotic Speculation Re: Callback

Post by Hutz_and_Goodman » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:59 am

1) you don't need all "yes" responses. Several of my friends have said "no" to a candidate who got an offer (or vice versa). It's much more important what partners think rather than associates.

2) assuming you have a normal amount of social awareness, the feeling that a callback went well is a good sign. If the interviewer is smiling and there is a good vibe, that's a good sign. I can say that from the point of view of the interviewer he/she is likely looking to have a good connection and recommend that you be given an offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:33 am

do we know if offers are given in waves? or should we assume ding if silence 1 week after the cb?

stoopkid13

Bronze

Post by stoopkid13 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:do we know if offers are given in waves? or should we assume ding if silence 1 week after the cb?
Varies by firm but v30 recruiter told me decision might not come until 10 days post cb. Many partners go on vacation around now so they have had trouble getting enough people for hiring committee decisions.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:47 am

stoopkid13 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:do we know if offers are given in waves? or should we assume ding if silence 1 week after the cb?
Varies by firm but v30 recruiter told me decision might not come until 10 days post cb. Many partners go on vacation around now so they have had trouble getting enough people for hiring committee decisions.
I'm assuming though that if other people from your school who interviewed the same week have gotten offers and you have not heard for a week, it's a ding? or do firms wait to see how many ppl accept offers and keep some candidates on some kind of a waitlist?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
stoopkid13 wrote:
I'm assuming though that if other people from your school who interviewed the same week have gotten offers and you have not heard for a week, it's a ding? or do firms wait to see how many ppl accept offers and keep some candidates on some kind of a waitlist?
100% some firms do. its more likely that this happens when the firm is smaller - aka a firm that takes like 10 people. in that case, they probably extend offers, wait for responses, then extend more.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”