Help: Lower T14 2L Strikeout Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Help: Lower T14 2L Strikeout

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:50 pm

Strike out at OCI, have mass mailed 100 firms, applied through portals to probably 35 more. Transferred to lower T14 and have a strong resume.

Not getting anything -- only dings. What do I do? Met with a career counselor, and he literally would not stop talking about utter useless things, such as going on for 8 minutes about how some markets are slow with callbacks after OCI. He kept explaining this simple thing even after I said ''yeah I figured'' and ''yeah I know xx can be slower''. Before I knew it, my time slot was up and I was out the door with no useful information.

Are SA programs winding down in terms of recruiting? Already seen sites saying ''we are no longer accepting applications'' which makes me feel like it's almost over and firms have the applicants they want already.

Next steps? Keep blasting mailings?

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Re: Help: Lower T14 2L Strikeout

Post by Dr. Nefario » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:09 pm

You still have time. Where did you transfer from? What ties do you have? Where are you willing to go? These are the questions you should be asking. Keep blasting emails. Maybe meet with another career officer. You have time. Look at smaller firms too. Best of luck. Breathe and get back at it. As some deny offers, more offers will open.

malibustacy

Bronze

Post by malibustacy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:21 pm

Don't give up hope. Soon it will be prime time where students decline offers en-masse. People get callbacks and offers well into September. Make sure you're also applying to the non-market paying firms. Even if you've already applied to a place long ago, send them a reminder of your continuing interest under the guise of a slightly updated resume or something.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:17 am

Thanks guys.

I just applied to another 10-12 firms. It's been my dream to have a 2L SA and I've worked ever since college to give myself the best chance at it. Pray for me

runinthefront

Gold

Post by runinthefront » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks guys.

I just applied to another 10-12 firms. It's been my dream to have a 2L SA and I've worked ever since college to give myself the best chance at it. Pray for me
I have friends still picking up screeners right now...from massmails sent in July. Keep mailing and keep hustling. It's still way too early to give up.
Last edited by runinthefront on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:26 am

runinthefront wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Thanks guys.

I have friends still picking up screeners right now...from massmails sent in July. Keep mailing and keep hustling. It's still way too early to give up.
+1 still getting screener invites from DC firms I massmailed pre-OCI

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:30 am

I was a t14 transfer a year ago and I also had "struck out" at this point. But I kept mass-mailing and finally ended up with an offer from two great V20 firm in DC in October. If you have any particular practice area interests (where you've already demonstrated interest), consider reaching out to practice group leaders. That's how I got most of my post-OCI callbacks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”