Striking out on CB...Advice

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Striking out on CB...Advice

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:14 pm

I'm 0/4 on CB, all dings. Not sure what the problem is. All my interviews went well, ask questions about the firm, talk sports, tons of laughing, no awkward moments at all. Even had a hiring partner tell me I've asked him the best questions he has had all year. Stats are T25 top 10%. Strong ties to the market (Nor Cal). Small classes doing me in?

Anonymous User

Re: Striking out on CB...Advice

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:16 pm

In the same boat more or less. 7 callbacks only one offer.. I was hoping for a least a couple. t14 above median non-kjd. Weird cycle I guess.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:In the same boat more or less. 7 callbacks only one offer.. I was hoping for a least a couple. t14 above median non-kjd. Weird cycle I guess.

Exact same boat as you. Think it is a weird cycle.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:In the same boat more or less. 7 callbacks only one offer.. I was hoping for a least a couple. t14 above median non-kjd. Weird cycle I guess.

Exact same boat as you. Think it is a weird cycle.

Im the poster you quoted. Worst part is my offer is from a v60 that has yet to raise to 180.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:32 pm

People, having even one offer is not really being in the same boat as having none.

(OP, I'm sorry that I don't have any particular advice to offer.)

houritsu

New

Postby houritsu » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:34 pm

Last edited by houritsu on Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:36 pm

houritsu wrote:Generic advice, but your best bet would be to do a mock interview (or interviews) with your school's career services department, let them know about your situation, and ask for some critical feedback. Even if the interviews seem to go well on your end, it's hard to gauge if the experience is mutual w/o feedback.

Took that advice and did a mock interview with a V50 alumni partner. He said I did great and offered no additional advice. I have another CB coming up (got from my summer boss who pays this firm 50 mil a year so he assured me it is going to be a "sure" thing). However I know nothing is ever a sure thing and don't want to mess this one up.

Yea All Right

Silver

Postby Yea All Right » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:44 pm

It really could be a function of small summer classes in NorCal; they make it hard to crack the market. If you haven't already, you should start mass-mailing, including NYC and LA.

Good luck OP.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:02 pm

Yea All Right wrote:It really could be a function of small summer classes in NorCal; they make it hard to crack the market. If you haven't already, you should start mass-mailing, including NYC and LA.

Good luck OP.

LA is just as small as NorCal. Not really helpful.

Yea All Right

Silver

Postby Yea All Right » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Yea All Right wrote:It really could be a function of small summer classes in NorCal; they make it hard to crack the market. If you haven't already, you should start mass-mailing, including NYC and LA.

Good luck OP.

Well yeah, but I figure OP has an interest in CA generally so might as well try. Focus should still be on NYC.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Good luck OP.

It's smaller. 2-3 class sizes are the norm

Return to “Legal Employment�