Where Do I Find These Resources?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Where Do I Find These Resources?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:53 pm

Does anyone know where I can find:

1) A list of firms in a given market (NY, Chicago, DC) that are not listed in the Vault 100 yet may still offer summer associate programs?

2) A database showing where alumni from my law school work? I am trying to reach out to alums from my school at firms I've applied to but employer websites don't always have the option for me to insert the name of my law school in the search.

SFSpartan

Silver

Re: Where Do I Find These Resources?

Postby SFSpartan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:32 pm

1. Check the Amlaw 200 - this is going to be a general list, not the location-specific one you are looking for. Beyond that, check Martindale (though that will have a lot of firms that don't have SA programs as well). Alternatively, your CSO might maintain a list like the one you are looking for. Mine kept a list of firms that previously hired SAs and/or law clerks from our school.

2. Ask your CSO or use LinkedIn's alumni search feature. If the latter, make sure you set the class year so that you don't get a bunch of people that are still in law school (this search delivers a limited number of results unless you shell out for LinkedIn Premium). You can narrow down by employer, so you'll get the best LinkedIn results if you know what employer or employers you are looking for.

Return to “Legal Employment�