Struck out? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Struck out?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:53 pm

I had 6 interviews last week (first week of callbacks). I have heard from none of the firms. They are from the Bay Area (mostly) and Los Angeles. Am I a really bad interviewer or something? Should I have heard something from at least one of them by now?

Anonymous User

Re: Struck out?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:16 pm

Just wanted to say I'm in the same boat, 6 CBs split between NorCal and SoCal last week and haven't heard anything. Hopefully this means they are just slow

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:18 pm

i've only had 1 norcal firm get back to me from last week. I wouldn't sweat it yet.

star fox

Diamond

Post by star fox » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:20 pm

Mass mail like crazy. Consider different regions in your mass mailing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:24 pm

To add another Bay Area data point, I had 3 CBs last week. 1 offer, 2 have been silent.

(Actually, should I do anything at this point to "update" the 2 other CB firms? Obviously I have several weeks due to NALP and the offer won't expire soon, but what is protocol here? Do firms want to know of offers elsewhere? I hate the idea of sitting on offers.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:i've only had 1 norcal firm get back to me from last week. I wouldn't sweat it yet.
Which firm if you don't mind me asking?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:i've only had 1 norcal firm get back to me from last week. I wouldn't sweat it yet.
kirkland, thursday superday.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Congrats

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Congratulations. Are you planning on notifying the other firms that haven't told you yet that you have an offer in hand?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Congratulations. Are you planning on notifying the other firms that haven't told you yet that you have an offer in hand?
I am going to wait until next week. Most firm indicated that I would find out this week regardless.

ETA: only doing this because my pre-oci offers are expiring soonish.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OutCold

Bronze

Post by OutCold » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
You don't want to tell a firm you have an offer in hand the day after you get the offer. They are just going to ask when you need to decide by, and if the deadline is three weeks from now, it's not going to have any effect aside from making you seem impatient.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:37 pm

star fox wrote:Mass mail like crazy. Consider different regions in your mass mailing.
Is it already necessary? :shock:

OutCold

Bronze

Post by OutCold » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
star fox wrote:Mass mail like crazy. Consider different regions in your mass mailing.
The correct answer is it was necessary two months ago. Conventional but often ignored wisdom is to leave nothing to chance and mass mail everywhere pre-oci. But yes, you should be mailing now if you haven't already. Why wouldn't you? There is no downside and only upside, other than the time it takes out of your summer.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had 6 interviews last week (first week of callbacks). I have heard from none of the firms. They are from the Bay Area (mostly) and Los Angeles. Am I a really bad interviewer or something? Should I have heard something from at least one of them by now?
I think most firms take a week or so to extend offers. If you interviewed all of last week, it means that it hasn't even been a full week yet for most of these firms. Calm down.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:10 pm

rpupkin wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I had 6 interviews last week (first week of callbacks). I have heard from none of the firms. They are from the Bay Area (mostly) and Los Angeles. Am I a really bad interviewer or something? Should I have heard something from at least one of them by now?
I think most firms take a week or so to extend offers. If you interviewed all of last week, it means that it hasn't even been a full week yet for most of these firms. Calm down.
Trying. Hard when most everyone you know has gotten at least 1 (some much more than 1) offer in hand. :cry:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:11 pm

OutCold wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
The correct answer is it was necessary two months ago. Conventional but often ignored wisdom is to leave nothing to chance and mass mail everywhere pre-oci. But yes, you should be mailing now if you haven't already. Why wouldn't you? There is no downside and only upside, other than the time it takes out of your summer.
Let the mass mailing begin

Kratos

Platinum

Post by Kratos » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:43 am

if you don't have a job yet you should give up and drop out

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:13 am

Same boat. Did 3 CBs last week, and radio silence since then.

Sprout

Silver

Post by Sprout » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:37 am

OutCold wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
TCR

omar1

Bronze

Post by omar1 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:10 am

Kratos wrote:if you don't have a job yet you should give up and drop out
Or retake and reapply? :lol:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:53 pm

Is sf market still giving out offers? Like are firms waiting around for people to accept/reject? Does movement tend to happen at a particular time?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”