Any King & Spalding (NY) or Alston & Bird (NY) Offers/Rejections?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Any King & Spalding (NY) or Alston & Bird (NY) Offers/Rejections?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:K&S NY rejection by email earlier this week

I'm sorry to hear. When did you have your Callback with them?

Sorry, not a callback. Apparently it took awhile to get my OCI screener rejection.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:K&S really evaluates its candidates and seems to have a double-tiered structure of hiring. First with the local office, then collectively.

can you flesh out what this means a little bit? does this mean review happens at both the local and collective level?

OP here. Did you interview with the NY office?

Sorry for the radio silence. I completely forgot I posted in this thread. I can only disclose that I am NOT ATL/NY/DC. I got my post-GRAD offer like 2 weeks ago. So, I'm assuming those who made it thru the gauntlet should or will receive offers shortly.

K&S has incredible growth, but I think it was this year they decided to speed up their recruiting process. Even so, it's a lot slower than peer firms. The office interviewing you does their internal evaluations. But Atlanta (i.e., the firm as a collective whole) has the final say on who gets offers based on their projected need. Until your local office hears back, I don't think the local office can pull the trigger unilaterally.

I'm thinking if the rising 3Ls recently got offers, the 2Ls should be hearing back pretty darn soon. Good luck!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:01 pm

Anybody know the start date for the K&S Atlanta 2017 summer program? I have an offer, but I forgot to ask for the start date and I'm still waiting for the formal offer letter to arrive.

Return to “Legal Employment�