How to sell you want to do corporate finance?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How to sell you want to do corporate finance?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:17 pm

I know this isn't a great situation but I have very few cb and one of them coming up is only for capital markets/corporate finance type work and most of the examples I can find on here are why it is horrible.

I really need to sell why I want to do this and don't have a finance background at all--can anyone who works in this area tell me what is a reason why this practice group someone in that that group would buy?

Anonymous User

Re: How to sell you want to do corporate finance?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:03 pm

Why would you want to do something if you can't explain why you want to do it in the first place? Genuine question.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Why would you want to do something if you can't explain why you want to do it in the first place? Genuine question.

I plan on clerking after school anyways and at this point am feeling desperate since I don't have an offer yet. I can easily survive a summer (and I might actually like it) and adjust after clerking if I need to. At this point I just really want an offer somewhere.

ETA: and I should say I think I would enjoy it from what I have found out, but because I care a lot about it and feel like I have done badly at selling it in the past I wanted to ask for some advice.

TLSModBot

Diamond

Postby TLSModBot » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:09 pm

uh clerking + corporate finance does not make a lot of sense

nunumaster

Silver

Postby nunumaster » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:10 pm

Capitol_Idea wrote:uh clerking + corporate finance does not make a lot of sense

Yea. They will probably see right through you if you say you want to clerk. What firm is it? PM me.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:11 pm

nunumaster wrote:
Capitol_Idea wrote:uh clerking + corporate finance does not make a lot of sense

Yea. They will probably see right through you if you say you want to clerk. What firm is it? PM me.

I never said I was going to tell them I wanted to clerk.

Return to “Legal Employment�