contingent offer, what sort of things will be an issue? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

contingent offer, what sort of things will be an issue?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:38 pm

So I received an offer from a firm a few days ago. I was really excited cause it was a perfect match for me in my goal city, but they just followed up with a letter indicating the offer is contingent on references in addition to other unspecified things. Does anyone know what these other things might be? I'm afraid of the signaling effects that might come from me asking the firm directly at this stage. My main worry is that one of the other things will be confirmation of an offer from my 1L employer (I got no-offered). References should not be a problem.

Anonymous User

Re: contingent offer, what sort of things will be an issue?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:46 pm

Did you say you received an offer from your 1L SA position?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:07 am

OP here: I did not tell them I received an offer from my previous employer. They never asked about an offer and I said nothing about an offer. I did not lie to them at any point and I cannot think of anything I said to them that was misleading

EncyclopediaOrange

Bronze

Post by EncyclopediaOrange » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:10 am

I recently got an offer contingent on background and conflicts checks. I can't imagine it would be much more than that, but I don't really have any experience to back that up.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”