Are all CB dings sent at the same time?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Are all CB dings sent at the same time?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:15 pm

My friend and I both had a CB last week at the same firm for the same office. We were told that the hiring committee meets on Wednesday (yesterday). He got an email ding this morning. I have received nothing. I was wondering if anybody can shed some light on when dings are sent out (compared to offers) and if they are all sent at the same time and method (email v. snail mail). I am assuming that my email ding is either on its way, or I was put into some sort of "wait and see" pile. Thanks

fxb3

New

Re: Are all CB dings sent at the same time?

Postby fxb3 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:30 pm

Sometimes they're sent at the same time, sometimes they vary depending on various internal factors at the firm (e.g. different interviewers, people just get busy before they finish, etc.). And there definitely are "wait and see" candidates, so that may be you as well. Sorry there isn't more clear cut guidance.

HonestAdvice

Bronze

Postby HonestAdvice » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:34 pm

It's probably wait and see. It's also possible that the people you met with haven't responded yet.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:35 pm

fxb3 wrote:Sometimes they're sent at the same time, sometimes they vary depending on various internal factors at the firm (e.g. different interviewers, people just get busy before they finish, etc.). And there definitely are "wait and see" candidates, so that may be you as well. Sorry there isn't more clear cut guidance.

I sincerely appreciate the insight. I thought there might be some rhyme or reason behind it. Here is to anxiously waiting..

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:48 pm

Lemme guess, WSGR?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Lemme guess, WSGR?

No, but it is a firm in SF bay area.

Return to “Legal Employment�