Career Associate or Staff Attorney?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Career Associate or Staff Attorney?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:59 pm

delete
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

merlin-

New

Re: Career Associate or Staff Attorney?

Postby merlin- » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:11 pm

I think you will get a lot of people wondering what a "career" associate even is. And then you will have to likely explain that its a staff attorney position and not an associate, which comes off as if you are trying to hide it.
Everyone in the industry knows what a staff attorney is, but "career" associate for me sounds like someone who is under HR?

Any other title changes available?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:24 pm

delete
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

merlin-

New

Postby merlin- » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here

Anything is open, theoretically. I get where you're coming from in that only a handful of firms use that term (Ropes comes to mind) so a look of confusion is the likely outcome. I'm just brainstorming what the best title would be to signal "hey I have Associate experience, not doc review bs" straight from title since resumes are only scanned for two seconds.

Is your work for a more specific area, or is it very general and all over?
Because if it is a specific area we can come up with a title specific to that area, which the follow up question would be - what does this mean? And you can talk about your experience, and not title.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:42 pm

delete

merlin-

New

Postby merlin- » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:37 pm

Sorry just saw this...

You can PM me if you want to be more specific.

I think something along the lines of associate counsel for X Y (department)? Something along those lines if your job is more specific.

Return to “Legal Employment�