DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone else been waiting for a relatively long amount of time for a decision after a callback with A&P?


It's been over a week since mine. Someone who works at A&P but doesn't really like it told me that the committee has pretty set rules on how many candidates from each school they want to have in their class, so if they like you but they liked someone else more from your school and made them an offer, they are going to wait to hear from that person before letting you know. I'm assuming I'm not getting an offer there, but it was an interesting tidbit.


What don't they like about a&p? I keep hearing about dissatisfaction via the rumor mill and the online resources, but I haven't actually heard any anecdotes/stories/etc. They seemed great during my callback, in fact, a lot more normal/relaxed than other firms I visited. What's the grumbling about?


Same, definitely concerned about the rumors and such


bueller bueller?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:14 pm

Anyone hear anything from Mayer Brown?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:31 pm

Offer from White & Case. CB 8/23 -> Offer 9/1

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:47 pm

Which schools have Williams & Connolly out?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Which schools have Williams & Connolly out?


+1. Someone mentioned Columbia earlier in this thread.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Which schools have Williams & Connolly out?


+1. Someone mentioned Columbia earlier in this thread.


I'm the CLS anon who said that -- again, heard it secondhand, but pretty sure the source was good. Don't know about any other schools.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:16 pm

Rejection letter from A&P today. Callback was like two weeks ago so not surprised.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:59 am

Venable offer (CB Fri, Offer next Weds)

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Which schools have Williams & Connolly out?


+1. Someone mentioned Columbia earlier in this thread.


I'm the CLS anon who said that -- again, heard it secondhand, but pretty sure the source was good. Don't know about any other schools.


Report of at least one Penn W&C offer in another thread.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:30 am

Duke W&C are out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Which schools have Williams & Connolly out?


+1. Someone mentioned Columbia earlier in this thread.


I'm the CLS anon who said that -- again, heard it secondhand, but pretty sure the source was good. Don't know about any other schools.


Report of at least one Penn W&C offer in another thread.


For anyone who has heard from Williams approximately what time of day did your call come (morning / early afternoon / late afternoon)? My school should be hearing soon and I am curious.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Which schools have Williams & Connolly out?


+1. Someone mentioned Columbia earlier in this thread.


I'm the CLS anon who said that -- again, heard it secondhand, but pretty sure the source was good. Don't know about any other schools.


Report of at least one Penn W&C offer in another thread.


For anyone who has heard from Williams approximately what time of day did your call come (morning / early afternoon / late afternoon)? My school should be hearing soon and I am curious.


Also interested in day of week in case it corresponds to hiring committee meeting etc.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:40 pm

Lol at the Georgetown W&C angst ITT RN

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:15 pm

BB CB pre-oci -------> 8/23 offer
Steptoe CB 8/30-----> Silence

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:51 pm

Baker Mckenzie offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:19 am

any news from pillsbury?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:any news from pillsbury?


They have all their offers out right now. It will be a week or two before a potential second round goes out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:any news from pillsbury?


They have all their offers out right now. It will be a week or two before a potential second round goes out.


you mean when someone has turned down their offer? then it is possible that there is no second round ...

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:21 pm

based on your experience ...
no news = on wait list or silent rejection?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:02 pm

Any word on McDermott, Will & Emery post callback?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:15 pm

Mayer rejection via email. CB ~3 weeks ago.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Mayer rejection via email. CB ~3 weeks ago.


Still never heard from my screener, lol

User avatar
Wild Card

Bronze
Posts: 449
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:48 pm

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Wild Card » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Mayer rejection via email. CB ~3 weeks ago.


Still never heard from my screener, lol


Me neither, though I interviewed with the NY office. What a mess!

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:26 pm

Anything from Shearman & Sterling DC? And do White & Case dings come by email or mail??

Anonymous User
Posts: 327388
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DC CB-->Offer thread 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:34 pm

Any more Willkie DC offers since the last news of some?



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.