When And How To Ask For Update After CB?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

When And How To Ask For Update After CB?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:50 am

Had a CB with a NY firm last week. Seems like firm usually takes anywhere between 2 days and one week to give out offers based on people's postings here. However, Recruiting did tell us the day of the CB that the Hiring Committee would not be able to meet right away because many of them are out of town, and that a decision would probably not be made for another week. Today is the one week mark. If I don't hear anything today, when and how do I contact Recruiting for an update? Would it be appropriate to contact them tomorrow (8 days after interview) for an update? Would I do this via phone or email?
Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: When And How To Ask For Update After CB?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:57 am

I just asked the recruiting dept via e-mail. Worst case scenario, it's an early ding instead of having to wait for snail mail

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:I just asked the recruiting dept via e-mail. Worst case scenario, it's an early ding instead of having to wait for snail mail

How long ago was your CB? Also, did you basically just say you wanted an update on your status to know if you were still being considered for a summer associate position?

GoneSouth

Bronze

Postby GoneSouth » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:21 am

I'd say just don't check in. Why do you need to know now? If they gave you a callback it's not like they're going to forget about you

If you have another offer expiring or have some other reason for needing to know right now then it's totally cool to reach out, tell them that, and ask for an update. But if it's just you wanting to know for your own personal satisfaction, reaching out is never going to help you and at worst might be annoying.

Johann

Diamond

Postby Johann » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:33 am

unless you have another time sensitive offer, dont check in.

if you have a sensitive time offer, email recruiting (HR) and say you have an expiriing offer but ____ firm is your top choice and maybe add [and youd accept if offered before the offer expires.]

Return to “Legal Employment�