Question About Hearing Back After CB

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Question About Hearing Back After CB

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Had a CB with a NY firm. During the CB, Recruiting stated that many members from the Hiring Committee are out recruiting at other schools and probably won't meet to make a decision for a week, and that waiting that long is not indicative of the firm's interest in us. Do NY firms usually say this so you don't freak out if you don't hear back within 24-48 hours, or do you presume they really meant they won't make a decision for another week or so?

Anonymous User

Re: Question About Hearing Back After CB

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had a CB with a NY firm. During the CB, Recruiting stated that many members from the Hiring Committee are out recruiting at other schools and probably won't meet to make a decision for a week, and that waiting that long is not indicative of the firm's interest in us. Do NY firms usually say this so you don't freak out if you don't hear back within 24-48 hours, or do you presume they really meant they won't make a decision for another week or so?

I accepted a V10 NYC offer pre-OCI, and I personally believe you're being told the truth. At both firms that I did callbacks at, I was explicitly told that the partners (who I'm assuming were also on the recruiting committee based on things they said) were the OCI interviewers for places like Penn and NYU, as well as their alma maters. It's peak season for the firms right now, so just take a deep breath, have a drink (if you drink), and just believe things will work out. :) Good luck!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:59 pm

stb?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Had a CB with a NY firm. During the CB, Recruiting stated that many members from the Hiring Committee are out recruiting at other schools and probably won't meet to make a decision for a week, and that waiting that long is not indicative of the firm's interest in us. Do NY firms usually say this so you don't freak out if you don't hear back within 24-48 hours, or do you presume they really meant they won't make a decision for another week or so?

I accepted a V10 NYC offer pre-OCI, and I personally believe you're being told the truth. At both firms that I did callbacks at, I was explicitly told that the partners (who I'm assuming were also on the recruiting committee based on things they said) were the OCI interviewers for places like Penn and NYU, as well as their alma maters. It's peak season for the firms right now, so just take a deep breath, have a drink (if you drink), and just believe things will work out. :) Good luck!

This is comforting, thanks! People on here always make it seem like if a NY firm does not get back to you within 24-48 hours - its bad news. How long did your NY firm end up taking to get back to you with an offer?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

This is comforting, thanks! People on here always make it seem like if a NY firm does not get back to you within 24-48 hours - its bad news. How long did your NY firm end up taking to get back to you with an offer?

72 hours, but had a friend receive his offer after nearly a week. I did my callback in mid-July whereas he did his close to August — so again, I think the timing reflects the availability of the people interviewing for OCI.

Return to “Legal Employment?