Cravath callbacks 2016 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Lstudent

New

Cravath callbacks 2016

Post by Lstudent » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:01 pm

Those who had a CB with Cravath yesterday - did anyone receive on the spot offers or hear back any other way?

Anonymous User

Re: Cravath callbacks 2016

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:10 pm

Lstudent wrote:Those who had a CB with Cravath yesterday - did anyone receive on the spot offers or hear back any other way?
I heaven't heard back at all from yesterday, they told me early next week.

I will ask you though did you leave earlier than you expected? I left before seeing as much people as I thought I would and I want to tell myself that it was because they did seem to be struggling to find people to interview us but I also had one pretty meh interview that could have just told them to send me out lol.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Lstudent wrote:Those who had a CB with Cravath yesterday - did anyone receive on the spot offers or hear back any other way?

I will ask you though did you leave earlier than you expected? I left before seeing as much people as I thought I would and I want to tell myself that it was because they did seem to be struggling to find people to interview us but I also had one pretty meh interview that could have just told them to send me out lol.

Not saying this to be a dick, but I know of two separate people who got on the spot offers yesterday after their callbacks. Lower T-14

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I know of two separate people who got on the spot offers from Cravath yesterday. Not trying to be mean, just for anecdotal data points.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I know of two separate people who got on the spot offers from Cravath yesterday. Not trying to be mean, just for anecdotal data points.
No that is good to know, I didn't feel great about my day anyways. Was thinking it might have been a ding due to slightly-early leaving, and on-the-spot offers supports the idea of it being fast turnaround (for dings as well).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

how many did you talk to? I interviewed pre-OCI and during my prep for it was told it's normal to meet 3 partners and 2-3 associates, which is what ended up happening to me

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

how many did you talk to? I interviewed pre-OCI and during my prep for it was told it's normal to meet 3 partners and 2-3 associates, which is what ended up happening to me
2 partners (each for 1+ hour), lunch, then 1 associate

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:42 pm

CSM's CB interviews don't follow a rigid formula. I wouldn't worry too much about how many people you met with or for how long.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

2 partners (each for 1+ hour), lunch, then 1 associate
yea that's definitely on the short side. I did 3 partners for over an hour each and then an afternoon full of associates after lunch.. though I was also there on a weekday so maybe Saturday differs

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:CSM's CB interviews don't follow a rigid formula. I wouldn't worry too much about how many people you met with or for how long.
Author of this post. Will add that a friend and I both started interviewing on the same day a few years ago. Her interviews lasted the entire day and she got her offer. I was out of the firm by 2:30pm with an offer in hand. Really is random.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:48 pm

I did my CSM callback at OCI two years ago. Assuming they haven't changed their rubric--and they are loathe to change--the weekday interviews would result in offers same-day, as others have confirmed upthread, whereas the Saturday interviewees all left without knowing and received offers on Monday or Tuesday (depended on whether you interviewed as corporate, litigation, or mix), with dings later in the week. I did Saturday & my offer was on Tuesday morning.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I did my CSM callback at OCI two years ago. Assuming they haven't changed their rubric--and they are loathe to change--the weekday interviews would result in offers same-day, as others have confirmed upthread, whereas the Saturday interviewees all left without knowing and received offers on Monday or Tuesday (depended on whether you interviewed as corporate, litigation, or mix), with dings later in the week. I did Saturday & my offer was on Tuesday morning.
Same here. I did mine on a Friday and got an offer the following Monday afternoon. I'd abandoned hope by the time I got my call because I knew of one person who'd gotten offered on the spot that Friday.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:50 pm

Interviewed yesterday and got an offer earlier today for the record

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:02 am

If all your interviewers give you a yes you get an on e spot offer. If not, then not.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:10 am

Interviewed on saturday and got the offer by phone about an hour after i left the office

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:29 pm

Any offers from Monday the 15th interviews?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:49 pm

Anyone from Tuesday the 16th interviews?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”