What the hell is going on Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

How many CBs have you gotten so far?

8%
4%
7%
6%
4+
75%

Total votes: 213

Anonymous User

Re: What the hell is going on

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:15 pm

arock111 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:mid t14er here, I got CBs at literally every firm where I screened (including multiple V10s) and offers at half of them. I don't buy this "the sky is falling" recruitment panic. So what if firms are recruiting earlier in the summer? Why do you expect to be able to sit back on your haunches and have a job handed to you (regardless of where you go to school) by the OCI process? That isn't how life works in literally any other employment context; why would you expect it to work that way at law schools?

Out of the people in my class, everyone I know who was even remotely 'good' at law school has an offer at a firm paying NY market rate, whether they got that offer through early recruiting or OCI. It's a free market world and we're just living in it. Adjust your strategy appropriately, dudes. (And I'm sure you're almost all dudes; I've found women are much more strategic at things like this so they aren't gonna have this problem.)
anon doesn't exist for you to be a dick
sorry my facts harsh your bubble, dude

e: 75% of the people responding to the poll in this thread say they have 4+ CBs, are they all dicks too?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: What the hell is going on

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:18 pm

I don't think that was a particularly dickish comment, but since it's clear we're just going to go back and forth about whether the sky is or isn't falling based on the tiniest slivers of evidence, this thread is done.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Legal Employment”