Rising Mid-Level (V10) + OCI Interviewer Taking Questions.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Hakki

New

Re: Rising Mid-Level (V10) + OCI Interviewer Taking Questions.

Postby Hakki » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:46 pm

Specific impressions of Cravath? Have you worked across from them and do you think they were effective, and being at a different firm (assuming you are), do you think their rotation system has its benefits?

PM me if you want! I appreciate this!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:57 pm

On my callbacks it seems of the four interviewers I inevitably either get along great with the two partners or the two associates and have an awkward time with the other two. Which would you say is more important when trying to judge fit and what are some good questions that aren't just like "do you guys hang out" or whatever to really get a feel for firm culture

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:50 pm

If you get a CB and really nailed the interviews (positive evals all around) why would someone still get no offered?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:23 pm

Anonanonymous wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonanonymous wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I had 2 call backs a week apart. In each CB the partners said they will get back to me in a week or two. It has been 3 and 4 weeks for each CB. About 3 days ago I sent an email out reiterating my interest, what i liked about the firm, and some new developments in a big case i was working on in my previous firm. Still no word.

Is it because I have rejection snail mails on its way?

Not necessarily. The partners likely had no idea what the hell the timeline was, or if they did, can easily shift. You are probably in a holding pattern (which is most recruits). The continued interest email was good. Hang tight and keep the faith. Follow-up again in a couple weeks if still silent unless recruiting said they would let you know (i.e. stop harassing us).

I contacted the interviewing partners directly to follow up but they don't seem to respond (I have sent 2 so far, first my app and second a follow up interest email). Should I follow up with the recruiting director instead from now on? Is he/she likely to tell the interviewing partner that I made contact to reiterate my interest? Or will they simply tell me that they will get back to me soon?

Recruiting director. If you are lucky, the emails you send the partners will be forwarded onto recruiting. More likely, they will be ignored and forgotten because they are dealing with numerous client fire-drills.

So an update. The main partner whom I sent follow up email to called me last monday. Thanked me for the continued interest and asked more questions about why i left my previous firm. We conclucded with her asking if im available for CB next week. I said yes. Almost a week since this phone call and no response again. Email her again to ask of CB is still being considered?

Return to “Legal Employment�