How late is too late for a callback? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
markham1321

New

How late is too late for a callback?

Post by markham1321 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:57 pm

Everyone keeps saying "schedule early or all the offers will be gone," but when is the tail end of recruitment? Is third/fourth week of August too late or is that still in the thick of things?

raptors_delight

New

Re: How late is too late for a callback?

Post by raptors_delight » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:08 pm

You should try to schedule things as early as possible to maximize your chances of getting an offer. The last week of August certainly is not too late. I had callbacks that went well into the middle of September.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:11 pm

raptors_delight wrote:You should try to schedule things as early as possible to maximize your chances of getting an offer. The last week of August certainly is not too late. I had callbacks that went well into the middle of September.
Wow middle of September? Does biglaw really keep going until that late? I just spoke to a recruiter that told me Labor day is usually when this whole process wraps up.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:20 pm

NOT TOO LATE. I scheduled a cb that I eventually cancelled last year for the end of September (after OCI interview in early August--earliest date available). The recruiting coordinator offered dates well into October, as well. So biglaw does hiring well into the fall. BUT as other posters say, the vast majority of hiring happens in August.

Toni V

Bronze

Post by Toni V » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:24 pm

Two months after I accepted an offer, I was still receiving callbacks. My guess is that it had a lot to do with applicants waiting out the 28-day period and then declining ― forcing firms to go out and beat the bushes.

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:38 pm

There were biglaw firms still interviewing in late September/early October last year. Maybe later than that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”