Boston 2016 Offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:21 pm

Just got a snail mail ding from my screener with H&K. Yeah thanks guys, was really holding out hope for that one...

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:Just got a snail mail ding from my screener with H&K. Yeah thanks guys, was really holding out hope for that one...


Better than a snail mail ding from a firm you bid on but never interviewed with telling you the interviewer loved meeting you

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:53 am

Ding via email from Ropes from OCI (no CB) over a month ago.
thanks guys. :|

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:40 pm

Anyone hear from Skadden Boston?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Skadden Boston?


I know of at least three offers, one acceptance.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:56 pm

ding from Jones Day via snail mail dated Sept 8

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Skadden Boston?


I know of at least three offers, one acceptance.


Do you know what their CB to offer timeline was?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:22 am

Anyone hear from H&K?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Skadden Boston?


I know of at least three offers, one acceptance.


Do you know what their CB to offer timeline was?


No clue. I know one skadden person who's been waiting two weeks no ding tho

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from H&K?

Yes snail mail ding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:36 pm

Any offer from Goodwin Asia track? Had an skype interview one week before with HK partner, radio silence by now.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:40 pm

Anything from K&L Gates??

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anything from K&L Gates??


nope

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any offer from Goodwin Asia track? Had an skype interview one week before with HK partner, radio silence by now.


Same boat here

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any offer from Goodwin Asia track? Had an skype interview one week before with HK partner, radio silence by now.


Same boat here


Did you both have an interview with the HK office? I only interviewed with the partners in the Boston office.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any offer from Goodwin Asia track? Had an skype interview one week before with HK partner, radio silence by now.


Same boat here


Did you both have an interview with the HK office? I only interviewed with the partners in the Boston office.


Not one of the previous two OPs but I had an interview with the HK office early last week. No news so far (which I would assume is bad news).

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any offer from Goodwin Asia track? Had an skype interview one week before with HK partner, radio silence by now.


Same boat here


Did you both have an interview with the HK office? I only interviewed with the partners in the Boston office.


Not one of the previous two OPs but I had an interview with the HK office early last week. No news so far (which I would assume is bad news).


Was this a second-round interview? Did you previously interview with one of the U.S. offices?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any offer from Goodwin Asia track? Had an skype interview one week before with HK partner, radio silence by now.


Same boat here


Did you both have an interview with the HK office? I only interviewed with the partners in the Boston office.


Not one of the previous two OPs but I had an interview with the HK office early last week. No news so far (which I would assume is bad news).


Was this a second-round interview? Did you previously interview with one of the U.S. offices?


Yes. Previously interviewed with the Boston office.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any offer from Goodwin Asia track? Had an skype interview one week before with HK partner, radio silence by now.


Same boat here


Did you both have an interview with the HK office? I only interviewed with the partners in the Boston office.


Not one of the previous two OPs but I had an interview with the HK office early last week. No news so far (which I would assume is bad news).


Was this a second-round interview? Did you previously interview with one of the U.S. offices?


Yes. Previously interviewed with the Boston office.


Oops. I'm probably screwed then. Maybe they just forgot to send me the ding letter. :cry:

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anything from K&L Gates??


nope

When was your cb? Mine was a month-ish ago?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:40 pm

K&L Gates Rejection just came in

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:39 am

Has anyone heard from Foley Hoag recently?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:55 am

Brown Rudnick anyone?
Been a month since CB...

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Brown Rudnick anyone?
Been a month since CB...

I'm in the exact same boat. Haven't heard anything.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston 2016 Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Brown Rudnick anyone?
Been a month since CB...

I'm in the exact same boat. Haven't heard anything.

I called the recruiting manager and apparently she is no longer with the firm. Wonder what that means now..



Return to “Legal Employment�

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.