What to put on business card? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
L_William_W

Bronze

What to put on business card?

Post by L_William_W » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:07 pm

In the next few weeks, I'm going to attend some networking events. After doing research, I figured that handing out business cards is more professional than handing out resumes. I'm going to order a bunch of cards from Vistaprint. Just one problem: I don't know what to put on the card.

I live in New York state. However, I don't have a law license in New York. I'm a licensed attorney in New Jersey. I'm currently doing pro bono work in Jersey (obviously, I'm looking for a paying position). Should I put my personal address on the card and/or the address of the organization where I work at? What other helpful information should I put on the card?

Please, helpful advice only.

haus

Gold

Re: What to put on business card?

Post by haus » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:43 pm

Some peers who work on a side project with me (in my current) field had some Vistaprint cards made up to exchange at conferences we attend, but was not pleased with the quality of the cards. I was about to pull the trigger and order from the same, but I changed gears and opted for Moo instead. They were more expensive, but I did not need that many (which eased the pain on price a bit), but I thought the cards were noticeably nicer.

If you are interested, I am sure you can find a discount code online for Moo which may make the price more acceptable. If you cannot find a 10% (or better) discount code, PM me, and I will try to dig up the code they sent me (which I think is still good).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”