Simpson Thatcher LA

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Simpson Thatcher LA

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:06 pm

I have an offer from ST in LA and a few other callbacks from other firms. I was wondering if anyone here has an inside scoop on the culture, work hours, or type of work that Simpson does in LA?

I asked many questions during the interview, spoke to associates, and done heavy research. But I'd always trust you guys for honesty because I feel the firm will never be upfront.

Thank you for the help!

Anonymous User

Re: Simpson Thatcher LA

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have an offer from ST in LA and a few other callbacks from other firms. I was wondering if anyone here has an inside scoop on the culture, work hours, or type of work that Simpson does in LA?

I asked many questions during the interview, spoke to associates, and done heavy research. But I'd always trust you guys for honesty because I feel the firm will never be upfront.

Thank you for the help!

Also interested in this. School range? What was CB-> offer turnaround btw?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:14 pm

T20, 2 day turnaround.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have an offer from ST in LA and a few other callbacks from other firms. I was wondering if anyone here has an inside scoop on the culture, work hours, or type of work that Simpson does in LA?

Thank you for the help!

Do you want lit or corporate? They are a small office obviously, so the range of work is a lot narrower than you would get at a big firm.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Thank you for the help!

Do you want lit or corporate? They are a small office obviously, so the range of work is a lot narrower than you would get at a big firm.

I'm much into Corp, specifically entertainment/tech.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:54 pm

Also you're right, because it's a small office I was hoping someone would know the exact type of deals they predominantly work on? I'd suck if they say they do heavy entertainment work but actually mostly do business M&A etc

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Also you're right, because it's a small office I was hoping someone would know the exact type of deals they predominantly work on? I'd suck if they say they do heavy entertainment work but actually mostly do business M&A etc

My understanding is that they do mostly business M&A with a lot of clients of the same clients as the NY office, but I'd look at the partner bios to see who their clients were for deals they do

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:08 am

Probably not what you're looking for, but I did a doc review project there a couple of years ago.
It was a beautiful office, nice staff, and the firm attorneys treated us respectfully. So I'd say it's a positive work environment.
The attorneys mostly worked 8am-ish to 5pm-ish, although a few morning when I came in, and M&A team was leaving after pulling all-nighters.

I don't really know what type of deals they work on; I was hired for a second request.

Good luck!

Return to “Legal Employment�