Having a Lawyer at C&F Interview?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Having a Lawyer at C&F Interview?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:23 pm

Hello. I have been working with a Character and Fitness attorney, and have an interview with the New York Bar next week. My lawyer said that bringing a lawyer to the interview is unheard of. Is this true?

daedalus2309

Bronze

Re: Having a Lawyer at C&F Interview?

Postby daedalus2309 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:45 pm

He's the expert.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Postby kellyfrost » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:51 pm

He/she probably doesn't need to be present for the interview unless you have done something unheard of.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hello. I have been working with a Character and Fitness attorney, and have an interview with the New York Bar next week. My lawyer said that bringing a lawyer to the interview is unheard of. Is this true?

I have had my share of issues with C&F in both CA and NY.

NY interview is really informal. Everyone goes through one and it is no indication that you may have trouble. I think bringing an attorney would not only be odd, it may raise the interviewer's eyebrows if he/she perceives it as a defensive move. If they ask you to come in for a hearing, that is when it would be appropriate to have a lawyer.

dixiecupdrinking

Gold

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:05 pm

Listen to your lawyer.

Putting aside whether it's "unheard of" (which, assuming you have a good C&F lawyer who knows their shit, is probably true), I don't see any benefit. What are they going to do, object? It's an informal interview.

Babum

Bronze

Postby Babum » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hello. I have been working with a Character and Fitness attorney, and have an interview with the New York Bar next week. My lawyer said that bringing a lawyer to the interview is unheard of. Is this true?

Listen to the guy you are paying a lot of money for advice.

Return to “Legal Employment�