Resume Update Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Depressed Gooner

New

Resume Update

Post by Depressed Gooner » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:27 pm

I could be in the wrong thread, or this topic could have been covered already (if so just direct me there, please), but I want to update my resume before I enter 1L. I have the stereotypical cluttered resume and want some tips to update and declutter it! More importantly, what should I NOT keep in it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advanced! :D :D

p1921

Bronze

Re: Resume Update

Post by p1921 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:54 pm

Depressed Gooner wrote:I could be in the wrong thread, or this topic could have been covered already (if so just direct me there, please), but I want to update my resume before I enter 1L. I have the stereotypical cluttered resume and want some tips to update and declutter it! More importantly, what should I NOT keep in it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Your career services office will discuss all that. They'll help you with it before you actually send it out anywhere. Don't spend a lot of time on it now just for them to change everything later.

Edit - grammar

Depressed Gooner

New

Post by Depressed Gooner » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:24 pm

p1921 wrote:
Depressed Gooner wrote:I could be in the wrong thread, or this topic could have been covered already (if so just direct me there, please), but I want to update my resume before I enter 1L. I have the stereotypical cluttered resume and want some tips to update and declutter it! More importantly, what should I NOT keep in it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Your career services office will discuss all that. They'll help you with it before you actually send it out anywhere. Don't spend a lot of time on it now just for them to change everything later.

Edit - grammar

Oh great! Thank you!!

k5220

Bronze

Post by k5220 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:51 am

The above poster is right, you don't need to worry too much about it now, but Harvard has some helpful samples online: http://hls.harvard.edu/dept/opia/job-se ... e-resumes/

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”