Loyola Patent Fair

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Loyola Patent Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:29 pm

I have an interview with Jones Day lined up on this Friday. However, it turned out that I got them at my school's OCI process through the bidding. The Jones Day Chicago office seems to discourage multiple interviews with the same office. Moreover, I would see one interviewer again for the second interview, and I feel like I really did well in the interview. Should I cancel the second interview (screener) as soon as I can, or just attend anyway?
I didn't expect to get them through the bidding, I bid them low and wanted to bid to be able to honestly tell them that I bid on them as a way of showing my interest. Any help please?

caseysho

New

Re: Loyola Patent Fair

Postby caseysho » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have an interview with Jones Day lined up on this Friday. However, it turned out that I got them at my school's OCI process through the bidding. The Jones Day Chicago office seems to discourage multiple interviews with the same office. Moreover, I would see one interviewer again for the second interview, and I feel like I really did well in the interview. Should I cancel the second interview (screener) as soon as I can, or just attend anyway?
I didn't expect to get them through the bidding, I bid them low and wanted to bid to be able to honestly tell them that I bid on them as a way of showing my interest. Any help please?

If you're interviewing with the same people, then I would cancel the second. I have a few double interviews with the same firms but with different attorneys from different departments that I plan on keeping. Remember that firms may be looking at you for non-IP positions at general OCIs and its not wrong at all to keep those options open.

Return to “Legal Employment�