On average, how many MM did you/do you send per day?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

On average, how many MM did you/do you send per day?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:49 pm

I sent out my first 70 and now I am slow rolling like hell. I sent out only 3 today.

Anonymous User

Re: On average, how many MM did you/do you send per day?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I sent out my first 70 and now I am slow rolling like hell. I sent out only 3 today.

During my 1L job search, probably close to 100. This summer, I only sent out ~20 before finding something. That job didn't come from a MM but I would've felt like an idiot if I'd struck out at OCI and hadn't at least tried to MM.

Edited because I can't read: sorry, those numbers were my total. Per day, probably 5-10.

iliketurtles123

Bronze

Re: On average, how many MM did you/do you send per day?

Postby iliketurtles123 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:42 pm

I don't know about per day but I mass mailed almost all of the V100s and many other mid sized firms. Probably 300 total?

Timetable-wise: I didn't hear back from from any firms until after OCI (granted, I stepped up mass mailing after OCI). I received the most interviews around the time when callbacks were happening, and this went on until Oct/Nov-ish (with a few happening here and there after).

I'd say if you don't have many callbacks after OCI, mass mail. If you have a decent amount, try to do both but focus more on nailing your callbacks.

Return to “Legal Employment�