Transfer EIW Interview Cancellation Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transfer EIW Interview Cancellation

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:42 am

Hi all,

I'm a transfer student, currently making my final decision about where to attend school in the fall. If you'd like to give me any advice on where to go, please see http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 7&t=258945.

Specifically, I was admitted to NYU just this past week. I already have interviews lined up through another school's EIW program. If I cancel these interviews at the 11th hour, will I lose any chance I had with these firms? Not sure if this would be terrible form, or if it's expected from students/transfers.

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Transfer EIW Interview Cancellation

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:04 am

These firms understand the transfer process and won't hold it against you.

Anonymous User

Re: Transfer EIW Interview Cancellation

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:55 am

Were these pre-selects? Or bids?

If it's bids, ask your OCS if they have sent them resumes yet. They might not even know you "have" an interview with them.

If it's pre-select, you might want to send the recruiter a quick email telling them why you cancelled. I'm not sure, though.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”