District Attorney Offices 2017 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: District Attorney Offices 2017

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:queens! what is going on? got the email 2 weeks or so regarding them not knowing what's going on. does anyone have any idea how many of us are getting these emails?
I believe it is 10 of us (at least)---- I called a week ago and 17 were confirmed... not sure if there are the 3 spots available (I did not get the email.. rather I called and she took me off the email list)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:queens! what is going on? got the email 2 weeks or so regarding them not knowing what's going on. does anyone have any idea how many of us are getting these emails?
I believe it is 10 of us (at least)---- I called a week ago and 17 were confirmed... not sure if there are the 3 spots available (I did not get the email.. rather I called and she took me off the email list)
did you ask to be taken off the email list? / may i inquire as to why? offer elsewhere?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
did you ask to be taken off the email list? / may i inquire as to why? offer elsewhere?
I did not :) She said since I am speaking to her on the phone, may as well not send the email to me. But, no mail at home today and I have been trying to call her today. I might make it a weekly thing... But I am still waiting... I wish I knew what was going on there. I can post an update if I speak to them.
I wish they would just reject me or tell me that they might have some space in their spring class.... I wonder what is going on.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I did not :) She said since I am speaking to her on the phone, may as well not send the email to me. But, no mail at home today and I have been trying to call her today. I might make it a weekly thing... But I am still waiting... I wish I knew what was going on there. I can post an update if I speak to them.
I wish they would just reject me or tell me that they might have some space in their spring class.... I wonder what is going on.

yes would certainly make it easier to know. have been trying to gauge if calling is better than emailing/with either of them, how much communication is too much lol

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

yes would certainly make it easier to know. have been trying to gauge if calling is better than emailing/with either of them, how much communication is too much lol
I think at this point, calling is the best option.. I k ow I should be focusing on bar prep... but not having full time employment like other students bothers me and this is my dream (I interned there last summer and loved it).. plus I am going through a family crisis... and I am just lost.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I think at this point, calling is the best option.. I k ow I should be focusing on bar prep... but not having full time employment like other students bothers me and this is my dream (I interned there last summer and loved it).. plus I am going through a family crisis... and I am just lost.

hang in there. more of us in the position (bar study + trying to find a job) than it seems. everything will work out!! well wishes/positive thoughts for you and your family.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:55 am

Anyone hear if Queens DA is still hiring for the Fall Class?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:34 pm

No updates from Queens DA as of 6/28... wonder what the future holds....

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear if Queens DA is still hiring for the Fall Class?
Do you mean new applications? Or still hiring people who have already applied/interviewed?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear if Queens DA is still hiring for the Fall Class?
Do you mean new applications? Or still hiring people who have already applied/interviewed?
for the people who have already applied/interviewed... she is still unsure about whether the fall 2017 class is filled up yet.

anyone hear updates from their end?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:17 pm

any updates from Queens DA? for the fall class or even the spring class?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:03 pm

hi is anyone starting at KCDA this fall and looking for a roommate?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:03 pm

any one have any news from Queens? for the fall class or even potentially the spring class. Still on hold... not sure what is going on with the fall class

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:31 pm

Hey friends, how about if anyone hears any updates from Queens, they'll post on here. Posting every couple of days asking for updates (when no one seems to have any) seems fruitless.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:hi is anyone starting at KCDA this fall and looking for a roommate?
Related: anyone starting at KCDA interested in meeting up some time before the start date/starting a FB group or something?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:35 pm

I applied as a lateral attorney to the Philadelphia District Attorney's Office and had my second round interview last week. Just got my rejection letter today. I'm actually relieved. Philadelphia was like my sixth choice county in Pennsylvania. I know everyone seems to have these rose-colored glasses on about big cities, but the pay there in relation to the COL is a joke. Not to mention the amount of extra hours that you end up putting in, plus you spend years doing bullshit work before they let you do anything cool or interesting. The ONLY thing it really has going for it is the prestige factor (I guess), which just isn't worth much in my opinion. It's the equivalent of working in BigLaw for $52k a year. Who the fuck would do that? The only reason I even interviewed there is because I haven't heard back from anyone else yet and I thought "what the hell, why not."

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Related: anyone starting at KCDA interested in meeting up some time before the start date/starting a FB group or something?
Fellow KCDA new hire here, i'd be interested in both! Any other Brooklyn people out there, feel free to PM me.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

legallyblonde88

New

Post by legallyblonde88 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Related: anyone starting at KCDA interested in meeting up some time before the start date/starting a FB group or something?
Fellow KCDA new hire here, i'd be interested in both! Any other Brooklyn people out there, feel free to PM me.
*Edit - accidentally posted as anon, oops.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I applied as a lateral attorney to the Philadelphia District Attorney's Office and had my second round interview last week. Just got my rejection letter today. I'm actually relieved. Philadelphia was like my sixth choice county in Pennsylvania. I know everyone seems to have these rose-colored glasses on about big cities, but the pay there in relation to the COL is a joke. Not to mention the amount of extra hours that you end up putting in, plus you spend years doing bullshit work before they let you do anything cool or interesting. The ONLY thing it really has going for it is the prestige factor (I guess), which just isn't worth much in my opinion. It's the equivalent of working in BigLaw for $52k a year. Who the fuck would do that? The only reason I even interviewed there is because I haven't heard back from anyone else yet and I thought "what the hell, why not."
What specifically did the second round interview involve? hypos? questions about your current job? I'm thinking of applying there as a lateral applicant in the beginning of next years so I'm curious about how the process went.

Thanks

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I applied as a lateral attorney to the Philadelphia District Attorney's Office and had my second round interview last week. Just got my rejection letter today. I'm actually relieved. Philadelphia was like my sixth choice county in Pennsylvania. I know everyone seems to have these rose-colored glasses on about big cities, but the pay there in relation to the COL is a joke. Not to mention the amount of extra hours that you end up putting in, plus you spend years doing bullshit work before they let you do anything cool or interesting. The ONLY thing it really has going for it is the prestige factor (I guess), which just isn't worth much in my opinion. It's the equivalent of working in BigLaw for $52k a year. Who the fuck would do that? The only reason I even interviewed there is because I haven't heard back from anyone else yet and I thought "what the hell, why not."
What specifically did the second round interview involve? hypos? questions about your current job? I'm thinking of applying there as a lateral applicant in the beginning of next year so I'm curious about how the process went.

Thanks

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:38 pm

It's cool you didn't want to be there, but this all sounds rather defensive. No one here's thinking worse of you just cause you got rejected, dude.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:36 pm

anyone have any updates from Queens DA about whether they are still hiring for the Queens Fall Class? The wait is killing me....

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:47 pm

did kings county people get a start date yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:did kings county people get a start date yet?
I did; if you haven't yet you can just email them. I don't know if everyone is going to have the same start date.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:did kings county people get a start date yet?
I did; if you haven't yet you can just email them. I don't know if everyone is going to have the same start date.
Okay thanks I'll email them. Did you get your date with some paperwork or anything like that or did you just reach have to reach out for it?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”