District Attorney Offices 2017 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: District Attorney Offices 2017

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I don't know what you mean by "on hold," tbh, and I can't tell if you're saying "that's gone now" because they actually told you they're not moving forward with you or if that's bar failure depression talking. Pretty much the only thing I got from your post is that you failed the July bar, and I don't know if we can really give you specific advice without a lot more info.

But I would at least point out that the bar is not the end-all, be-all indicator of whether or not you'll be a good lawyer generally or prosecutor specifically--but people will think it is if you give off the impression that you think it is. So while it sucks that you failed and yes, do your best in Feb., if you keep thinking things like "they won't take failures like me," then they won't, because no one wants to take on a person who thinks of themselves as a failure; if you can't trust in yourself, they won't have a reason to trust in you, either. So take a deep breath and focus on all the reasons why you were qualified to be an ADA before bar results came out; I don't know what your situation is and I don't know what failing the bar will do to your situation, but I can fairly confidently say you lose all hope of rebounding from the results if you forget about those things, which are just as true now as they were a week ago.
HI, I made it past all the rounds but did not get a offer. I was on hold for consideration for the spring DA class.. pending passing results. I did not get a rejection notice yet. Is there any point to contact them saying that I still am interested and would like to get in touch in April (hopefully with good news)... or should I not contact them at all now?

sonia23

New

Post by sonia23 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:47 pm

Anyone made it to the executive round of the Queens DA? Any advice on that?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:52 am

Queens ADA, where did you all end up living to be close to the office, but also close to Manhattan?

gom.sa

New

Post by gom.sa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Queens ADA, where did you all end up living to be close to the office, but also close to Manhattan?
Queens Criminal Court is on the other side of the city as Manhattan. But if you live close to the E/F train you should have easy access to both Manhattan and work. Forest Hills is a nice place to live, Jackson Heights is really diverse (probably best food in the city) and has access to the 7 train, as well. Parts of LIC are pretty much Manhattan but really expensive and farther away.

FWIW though, the Subway has been getting worse and worse every year, so it might be in your interest to live as close to work as possible.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:08 pm

Is there anyone out here still who was on hold for Queens for the spring class? If yes - have you heard anything? How have you been handling it with them?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:21 pm

Has anyone heard anything from Nassau County?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is there anyone out here still who was on hold for Queens for the spring class? If yes - have you heard anything? How have you been handling it with them?
I am still on hold. I keep calling to check the status of my app every few weeks. Still haven't heard anything

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”