Script for Declining Callback

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Cilia

New

Script for Declining Callback

Postby Cilia » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:33 pm

Does anyone have a good email template for politely declining a pre-eiw callback interview?

The templates I have are not very useful since they say something along the lines of "Thank you very much...but I have decided to accept another offer." I, however, would like to know how to decline a call back when you have not yet accepted an offer from another firm (but know for other reasons that you would not ultimately choose to work at the firm extending the callback, regardless of how the callback went).

If anyone has a standard format that they tend to use for this type of situation, I would really appreciate it! I am trying to be as inoffensive and clear as possible.

Anonymous User

Re: Script for Declining Callback

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:59 pm

It really doesn't have to be much.

Dear [recruiter],

Thank you for your offer to further interview with [firm who must not be named]; however, I have decided to pursue my options elsewhere.

Sincerely,
Harry Potter

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It really doesn't have to be much.

Dear [recruiter],

Thank you for your offer to further interview with [firm who must not be named]; however, I have decided to pursue my options elsewhere.

Sincerely,
Harry Potter

Thanks!

Avian

Bronze

Postby Avian » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It really doesn't have to be much.

Dear [recruiter],

Sincerely,
Harry Potter

This. Hogwarts isn't even a V100.

Return to “Legal Employment�