2016 Texas OCI (UT/University of Texas + All Others)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 2016 Texas OCI (UT/University of Texas + All Others)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard of LL Dallas offers?

I know of a LL(D) offer, UT.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any word on Thompson Knight (Dallas) offers? I interviewed on the the 26th, if that helps. I heard that they would be sending out offers after Labor Day.

I know of an offer given to an SMU student for TK Dallas.

Was the offer given before Labor Day?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:01 pm

Any H&B offers?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:33 pm

Had a HayBoo CB over two weeks ago, still waiting to hear back.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:08 pm

Just got the JW offer. Had a CB back on August 15th.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:49 pm

Still waiting for Baker Botts...Had cb weeks ago...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Anyone declined offers from BB (H), Akin (H), Bracewell (H), orPerkins (D) recently?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just got the JW offer. Had a CB back on August 15th.

Has anyone been rejected yet?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:49 pm

Anyone decline an offer from Winston & Strawn recently?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:37 am

glad i'm not the only one waiting weeks to hear from hb and bb dallas

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:glad i'm not the only one waiting weeks to hear from hb and bb dallas

With all these people waiting on various BB offices, it doesn't seem like rejections have gone out, so I'm thinking they are slow to ding.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:glad i'm not the only one waiting weeks to hear from hb and bb dallas

With all these people waiting on various BB offices, it doesn't seem like rejections have gone out, so I'm thinking they are slow to ding.

(1st quote poster here)
They must be because my interview was not good so I know I'm not getting an offer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:26 pm

I still haven't been dinged from my OCI screener with BB.

Not that I expect to suddenly get a CB. But either they are being incredibly cautious and keeping a huge list of alternates until they have their class finalized, or yeah, they're just obnoxiously slow to ding.

BigZuck

Diamond

Postby BigZuck » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:33 pm

Many places are just really slow to ding.

A wise TLS sage once wrote:There are about a billion threads about post callback timelines. Stop trying to start some bizarre cavemanlike superstitions about recruting patterns and send some god damn job applications.

Also, you rejection letter is most likely waiting to be sent by a secretary, you'll get it in a week or two.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:20 pm

Accepted K&E offer, but heard that significantly more people may have accepted offers than what they anticipated. Now I'm worried that next summer may turn into a "hunger games" competition.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Accepted K&E offer, but heard that significantly more people may have accepted offers than what they anticipated. Now I'm worried that next summer may turn into a "hunger games" competition.

Any word on how many have accepted? I accepted in late August.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Accepted K&E offer, but heard that significantly more people may have accepted offers than what they anticipated. Now I'm worried that next summer may turn into a "hunger games" competition.

Where did you hear this?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Where did you hear this?

Yes, is there any way we can verify this? I accepted an offer there recently and still have some offers that I was waiting to reject for after the weekend. But if this can be verified in any way, I may question my acceptance and accept at one of the other firms I have open.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Where did you hear this?

Yes, is there any way we can verify this? I accepted an offer there recently and still have some offers that I was waiting to reject for after the weekend. But if this can be verified in any way, I may rescind my acceptance if possible and accept at one of the other firms I have open.

I wouldn't go that far. I'm the anon you just quoted and while I'm curious about this, there is no way I'd rescind my offer over it. KE would need a death wish to no offer their Houston summers. They pitch the 100% offer rate and if they no offer a few people, their already spotty reputation (from a cultural standpoint) will be ruined.

Also, why do you have open offers if you have already accepted one for the full summer?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:05 pm

unless their world burns down there is no way KE Houston no offers anyone next summer. they pushed the 100% offer rate hard in my interview with them. (and no i'm not going there)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Where did you hear this?

Yes, is there any way we can verify this? I accepted an offer there recently and still have some offers that I was waiting to reject for after the weekend. But if this can be verified in any way, I may rescind my acceptance if possible and accept at one of the other firms I have open.

I wouldn't go that far. I'm the anon you just quoted and while I'm curious about this, there is no way I'd rescind my offer over it. KE would need a death wish to no offer their Houston summers. They pitch the 100% offer rate and if they no offer a few people, their already spotty reputation (from a cultural standpoint) will be ruined.

Also, why do you have open offers if you have already accepted one for the full summer?

I accepted late Friday evening near non-business hours - was planning on rejecting my other offers tomorrow (Monday). I was also always advised to accept first and then reject other offers soon thereafter, just in case something goes wrong at the time of your acceptance.

I suppose you are right - they did emphasize the 100% offer rate a lot. I am just a bit jarred by the idea of a potential summer associate class of 35-40 people and can't help but feel that would lead to some pretty antagonistic practices between summers unless KE Houston made it clear at the beginning of the program that the idea is for everyone to still be there after the summer is over.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Where did you hear this?

I accepted late Friday evening near non-business hours - was planning on rejecting my other offers tomorrow (Monday). I was also always advised to accept first and then reject other offers soon thereafter, just in case something goes wrong at the time of your acceptance.

I suppose you are right - they did emphasize the 100% offer rate a lot. I am just a bit jarred by the idea of a potential summer associate class of 35-40 people and can't help but feel that would lead to some pretty antagonistic practices between summers unless KE Houston made it clear at the beginning of the program that the idea is for everyone to still be there after the summer is over.

There is 0% chance of no-offers or a competitive summer program. I'd stop stressing, enjoy the fact that you will be gainfully employed at an awesome firm and live up your 2L year.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Where did you hear this?

When you do so, may we know which offers you rejected?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:57 am

I am less concerned with being no-offered and more concerned about long-term career opportunities. I recall one of the interviewers telling me that they planned to have 25 people next summer. 35 to 40 people would seem to change the dynamics significantly.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:40 pm

Anything from BB?

Return to “Legal Employment?