Second Time Bar

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Second Time Bar

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:13 pm

Do firms pay for you to take the February bar if you are a 1st year associate or 2nd year coming off a clerkship that fails the July bar?

Do you pay the fees yourself? If you did a bar prep program, do you generally have to pay again out of pocket if you want access to the materials?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Second Time Bar

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:14 pm

I think most programs give you a free do-over if you fail (assuming you want to go with the same program again).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:18 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:I think most programs give you a free do-over if you fail (assuming you want to go with the same program again).

Thanks! Do you know about the bar fees themselves? The CA bar, for example, is about $600.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:21 pm

I'm sorry, I have no idea how that stuff works. (Never had it paid for!)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:23 pm

firms usually pay for the first try, including the paid leave and expenses for a bar review course, among others.
But some firms don't pay for the second try, at least the paid leave and review course are excluded. may still cover the registration fees...

Return to “Legal Employment�