Evening/Weekend Jobs

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Evening/Weekend Jobs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:08 am

I have a 9-5 job. I'm looking for something part-time for the evenings/weekends. Any ideas where to look, and for what types of jobs, both law and non-law related? Other than doing solo work. Thanks.

FoxyBoi

New

Re: Evening/Weekend Jobs

Postby FoxyBoi » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:12 pm

Tutor the LSAT for Kaplan, Princeton, etc. Pays like $18-33/hour with an average around $24. If you do it for awhile, you can get closer to the $33 which is some great money, or you can negotiate for a higher starting pay if you did really well on the LSAT, and are therefore, more qualified than other tutors/teachers.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:57 pm

FoxyBoi wrote:Tutor the LSAT for Kaplan, Princeton, etc. Pays like $18-33/hour with an average around $24. If you do it for awhile, you can get closer to the $33 which is some great money, or you can negotiate for a higher starting pay if you did really well on the LSAT, and are therefore, more qualified than other tutors/teachers.

Two problems with that are: I did well on the LSAT, but nothing amazing (Sub 170), and also, I hate teaching lol

pancakes3

Platinum

Postby pancakes3 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:15 pm

bartend, uber, cutco.

FoxyBoi

New

Postby FoxyBoi » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:26 pm

pancakes3 wrote:bartend, uber, cutco.

In my experience, bartending can be tough during evenings, because usually places want you in closer to 4pm and even earlier so you have time to setup before opening for the evening, and places that let you start later generally expect you to stay much later, which makes getting to work at 9am not fun.

Could look for a place that would hire you just for Friday late night shifts, or on Saturdays, but those are usually the most coveted shifts, so they'll be tough to get unless you have a lot of experience, or earn them by spending a lot of time taking the crappy Monday/Tuesday shifts.

GreenEggs

Gold

Postby GreenEggs » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:33 pm

Uber seems like the best option here. You can totally control when you drive and don't have rigid shifts so you'll be able to stop driving if a lot is happening at work one week. Plus evening/weekend are good uber driving times.
Last edited by GreenEggs on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

patentlitigatrix

Silver

Postby patentlitigatrix » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
FoxyBoi wrote:Tutor the LSAT for Kaplan, Princeton, etc. Pays like $18-33/hour with an average around $24. If you do it for awhile, you can get closer to the $33 which is some great money, or you can negotiate for a higher starting pay if you did really well on the LSAT, and are therefore, more qualified than other tutors/teachers.

Two problems with that are: I did well on the LSAT, but nothing amazing (Sub 170), and also, I hate teaching lol

Ever consider being a private tutor? I did this during law school, and tutored math and foreign languages I speak. I had no desire to tutor LAST. That was a few years ago, and I could easily charge $60-80 an hour.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:09 pm

Any law-related though?

haus

Gold

Postby haus » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any law-related though?

Tutor people who want to go on Court TV?

https://lawyerist.com/114452/help-clien ... -tv-shows/

pancakes3

Platinum

Postby pancakes3 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any law-related though?

don't think that's ethical bro.

Return to “Legal Employment�