Callback Issue

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback Issue

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:52 am

Hoping some can save me from my neuroses and help clear up what could be an awkward situation.

My phone has been on the fritz lately, often not receiving calls or registering them way after the fact. I recently had a callback at a firm that (I thought) went very well. Yesterday, I checked my phone and saw I had a missed call and voicemail from an unknown number. When I went to go listen to it, my phone died. When I turned it back on, there was no trace of the call or voicemail.

Call could've been from anyone, but I'm now afraid it was the firm. I can't very well call them and ask if they had tried to offer me a job. Any advice? Should I wait it out and see if I hear from them in the next few days? Obviously I need to get a new phone - am working on it.

barkschool

Silver

Re: Callback Issue

Postby barkschool » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:59 am

They follow up w/ an email if offer

Effingham

Bronze

Postby Effingham » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:22 am

barkschool wrote:They follow up w/ an email if offer

This, but get that shit fixed

mecarey

New

Postby mecarey » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:22 am

I don't know why people on this forum are so afraid of simply explaining a situation to someone.

Just send an email to your contact saying what you just told us. Fluff it up a bit, and you'll be good to go.

--------
Recruiter,

It was great meeting with your team last _________. I remain very interested in your firm and look forward to hearing from you in the near future. I'd also like to let you know that I've been having some issues with my phone service, so at this point the best way to contact me is via email. My phone issue has been occurring over the last few days, so if you have already attempted to reach out by phone please do so again via email.

Thanks again,

- Student
--------

favabeansoup

Bronze

Postby favabeansoup » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:39 am

mecarey wrote:I don't know why people on this forum are so afraid of simply explaining a situation to someone.

Are you new to the legal profession? Must of us seem to have a mild case of asperger's.

Return to “Legal Employment�